He won’t compromise?

My boyfriend and I have been together for a while. I use to live 5 minutes away from him but now I live like 30 . So I moved in January and he’s only been to visit me once only because he left his phone in my car and I wasn’t driving all the way up there to bring it to him. We’ve gotten into many arguments about him not compromising and all he says is I’m trying... I don’t see an effort at this point I don't know what I should do?

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Look, when you always do what the other person wants & they don’t do that for you, you are being a doormat.

Most people treat doormats poorly. Even people who can be sweet/nice/loving to everybody they know will often treat the doormat in their life like crap. They know you will kiss their azz no matter what.

Ever hear, ‘actions speak louder than words’? This applies to what YOU have been saying to your boyfriend too. You complained but never changed your actions. You could stop running to his place so much. Have a tude like, ‘if you want to see me, you know where I live’. If he does not bother to see you in a week it’s pretty clear he’s not really into you. F em.

The other possibility is that he is broke & can’t afford gas but that’s his problem. Not yours. He just needs to re-prioritize what he’s wasting money on.

1|0
    0|0
  • There shouldn't even be an argument. 30 minutes is nothing, he's acting like you moved 7 hours away. So basically, you would just have to drive to see him? and clearly there isn't any effort on his part. Maybe you can come up with a little plan, he can come two days out of the week or you guys can meet half way for date night or something. I wouldn't break up over that but honestly that's unfair to you and if he's not willing to come out or even compromise on something... then I don't know you might just have to call it quits.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes