Do you think “incels” give other men who struggle with dating a bad rep?

So I found out what an “incel” is just a few days before the Toronto van attack happened and when I read the definition of an incel, i was worried I fell into the category as I’ve had so many dates that never led to anything, let alone a relationship.

Having read further into the “incel” community, these people are so fucked in the head.

Many of them, if not all, praise Elliot Rodger and now Alek Minassian for murdering women which is so messed up. They also act entitled to sex, to the point of them getting sex is more important than a woman’s boundaries and safety.

They also claim that they’re the cliche “nice guys” or “supreme gentleman” when really they aren’t.

I just think there’s plenty of people out there, both men and women, who have many issues with dating, especially in today’s world of online dating who don’t share this same mentality as incels let alone resort to mass murder. From my experience, being with a toxic person is way worse than being single. That shit can fuck you up mentally for awhile.

P. S. No one called me an incel or anything but I just feel like this specific community of incels needs to be separated from the rest of the world.

What are your thoughts on this?

25

Most Helpful Girl

• It's like anything else that can be twisted into something evil, just like religion. As long as there are good people in the world like yourself, this sick and twisted individuals will be nothing but background noise.

Most Helpful Guy

• Being incel is not a choice because it’s involuntary. It’s people who are undesirable that fall into the category. They weren’t meant to procreate. It’s sad but they should fulfill their life in a different manner.

• Yeah, but not everyone who tries but struggles is an incel. Usually these incels label themselves as such.

• They could be and have not realized it yet