But my dad doesn't allow me to date and he's really strict. My "boyfriend" wants to impress him somehow, helped us a lot around the house and still does.
My mom also is against me dating, but she isn't that radical.
The rest of my family and his family are totally supporting us.
What re you thinking about this situation?
- Yes, I agree with your dad
- No, I don't agree with your dad
Most Helpful Guy
Unfortunately, my cat just walked on the keyboard and wiped out my fantastic 2000-character answer. So, I'll cut to the chase:
1. Get the boy to meet your parents - either at home or at school. If at school, make sure it's dad.
2. When dad meets the boy, make sure to sing the praises of this boy. Dad is looking for the following:
A. What does the boy want to do when he grows up? Dad is interested in seeing if the boy has the instincts to be a good provider for you.
B. What is the boy's family and family life like? Dad is interested in having little drama for you. Dysfunctional families lead to lots of drama for the in-law.
C. What does the boy look like? Dad is interested in the boy's hygiene AND whether or not he follows fads. Looking clean and conservative is good here.
D. Dad is also going to try to determine if the boy is a player and what his intentions to you are.
3. Make sure the boy is courteous and good with mom. I CANNOT UNDERESTIMATE