Why has it never occurred to 'nice guys' that they're turned down because they aren't giving the 'nice girls' a chance?

This is something that really irritates me. Guys are so quick to judge all women for not giving them a chance and saying they only want men that treat them bad. They claim this is the reason nice guys are single.

But why has it not occurred to these self proclaimed 'nice guys' that maybe they aren't going after the nice GIRL? They say we never give a nice guy a chance but has it ever occurred that you do the same and you don't give the nice girl a chance? Has it crossed your mind that just like some women like the bad boys that you, the oh so perfect nice guy, may be attracted to the bad girl?

Just a thought. I don't get the whole 'women are evil and men are innocent victims' mentality guys seem to have these days like the dating scene is something that they didn't assist in destroying.

539

Most Helpful Girl

• Without generalizing all men everywhere, I think there is some truth to this. I can definitely think of a few self-proclaimed “nice guys” who have double standards. The ones I know may not be the most physically attractive, but what really makes them unattractive is they tend to be so socially awkward and argumentative/stubborn to the point I find them very rude and mean. They are so socially inept that they don’t seem to see how their BEHAVIOUR (not looks) drive people away, even if they may be nice on the inside. And then they would go for girls who are more attractive in personality and looks and other things, and get really upset when these girls turn them down (and often nicely). They use this as proof that all girls are bitches who hate nice guys, without ever recognizing and even denying the role played by their own behaviour.
    i know one guy who thinks he is a “nice guy” who is so rude he puts people down when “making a joke”, is arrogant about his academic intelligence, has been boring in every conversation I’ve ever had with him, and chased my friend repeatedly after she very nicely turned him down the first two times. Its like he refused to accept her no and kept texting her and texting her that she became so fed up she became much more harsh
    So to these un-self aware “nice guys” (not men who are actually kind ), why such entitlement that women should just fall at your feet when you have nothing to offer, not personality or resources or looks or excitement etc. I have guy friends who may not be great in the looks department, but they are funny and sweet and charming and exciting so they have no trouble with women and don’t blame the wine who do turn them down (everyone’s rejected sometimes). Even these “bad boys”, while are aweful in many ways, can offer something.
    If the “nice guys” have more to offer, maybe they should show it in a way that comes across as intended, instead of being self entitled and bitter and not taking any responsibility.

Most Helpful Guy

• Well you have to understand the competition that guys deal with. Girls get hit on all the time, even on GAG if a girl has an open profile she will get bombarded with tons of messages from guys. She will get annoyed and ignore them which is understandable. Girls get to pick from tons of guys on who they want to talk to and get to know or they close themselves off completely. Where as guys don't get that luxury. From from a guys perspective we see a nice girl but almost every time she goes for the bad guy type or the popular guy type or the hottest guy and it seems like the nice guys are always chosen last. Now I agree this does not apply to every girl but most girls put more priority on other aspects when choosing guys. I'm average looking but I'm a really nice guy but the majority of girls out there don't give me the time of day. If I'm lucky I might find 1 in 50 girls that are attracted to nice guys the rest value money, status, and looks. Not to mention how hard it is to prove you are a nice guy because most girls get hit on so often that when a nice guy does it she just thinks he's another jerk and she blows him off. It's just a struggle for both sides... Nice guys who never get past hello and girls that get hit on so often they say no to everyone unless he's really hot, has money, or is an exciting bad boy.