Would you give a guy who has been arrested before a chance?

I got arrested for having weed in my car and was charged with possession and DUI. It was dropped but now my mugshot is online. How would that affect your opinion of a guy if you googled him and saw a mugshot?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't like any drugs personally and don't think anyone should do them. Like why?
    But to me, it's more of a small scale thing? If that makes sense. If you abused/beat someone down/murdered, etc. Those are "higher on the scale" or whatever. As long as you haven't done anything like that, I doubt girls would really care. Especially for weed because it seems like so many of them do it SMH.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I had a friends with benefits type fling with a jailbird before. But I wouldn’t consider dating him. He was arrested & charged with physical assault. He was a major douchebag, yet fucked me real nice. He also sold me really awesome weed.

I cut off our fling when I started seriously dating people though.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I wouldn't date anyone with a serious criminal record. That includes drugs and drinking and driving for me. It proves that the person is irresponsible, especially if the conviction is recent as well as the fact that we clearly have different tastes as I don't smoke or drink.

1|0
    0|0
  • I think a drug possession for weed or DUI is pretty minor. It wouldn't make the best impression but it wouldn't prevent me from giving the guy a chance. If it was a more serious charge than I probably wouldn't give the guy a chance.

1|0
    0|0
  • Having a criminal record really isn't a biggie for me... but obviously depends what it was for. Anything minor or non violent I doubt would cause me concern. GBH or ABH or similar would be a bit of a red flag for me, but we've all made mistakes, all been collared for shit that wasn't our fault too...

Don't Google my name, you could find out a lot worse offences than possession... Haha!

0|0
    0|0
  • I would ask him about it before I jumped to conclusions. But the first thing I would want him to do is tell me before I saw it. If all you had was weed, not a big deal.

0|0
    0|0
  • I guess it would depend on what they did and why they did it. And whether or not they have learnt from the experience.

0|0
    0|0
  • I give most people a chance. A guy I was talking to recently just got out of prison actually. He was nice and sweet and it didn't work out due to totally unrelated things, not his criminal history. My most recent ex even had a warrant out for his arrest in his home state for trespassing. Not that being like me is the best idea considering how much I get screwed over, but I chose to live with an open mind and at least offer people a chance. Sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesn't.

0|0
    0|0
  • If they're interested in you enough to Google you and they find your mugshot, they'll most likely be interested enough to click it and see what your arrest was for. Doesn't sound like a big deal to me, it's not like you were charged for home invasion or something. Just casually bring it up in conversation so that it's not a big shock and they feel that you were hiding it.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't think it matters as long as you're not living a dangerous lifestyle that could put her in harm's way. A violent charge is more of a red flag than a simple possession.

0|0
    0|0
  • wouldn't affect things for me, I got my mind set on my goals and as long as you understand that and won't try to change my mind then I don't care if you got into some trouble

0|0
    0|0
  • Weed is harmless and the only reason you got arrested for it is because it's illegal. If you had a more serious charge like if you had hurt somebody then that would definitely put me off

0|0
    0|0
  • No, because I have zero respect for people who drive under the influence of drugs or alcohol.

0|0
    0|0
  • For just weed? I wouldn't care. If it was for a violent crime, or if it was for harder drugs and it was recent, then it'd be a problem.

0|0
    0|0
  • Lol in your situation I wouldn’t give a fuck that wouldn’t even make me think different of you. Now if your a murder I’d run real fast ! Lol

0|0
    0|0
  • Weed? Not an issue, as long as you don't use it regularly.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends what they were arrested for and thwir side of the stoey. There are always two or more parts to every story

0|0
    0|0
  • It would depend on what he was arrested for. The DUI is hard to ignore.

0|0
    0|0
  • You weren't convicted so if she won't, move on. Also, don't bring it up right away (like first three dates). OK?

0|0
    0|0
  • Just explain the situation. It's not like you went and murdered someone. You can say it was simply something you regreted and have changed.

0|0
    0|0
  • In my experience you always want to tell her before she finds out on her own. But I wouldn’t think it would be a major hurdle.

0|0
    0|0
  • Pffff.. for weed? Who cares. Of course id still date you!

1|0
    0|0
  • Most people would if it's weed. Plus, most people like myself think weed should be legal everywhere

1|0
    0|1
  • Well my boyfriend had been to prison for 2 years when I met him and we are happily in love now lol

0|0
    0|0
  • If it's just weed its fine. But if it's sexual assault or rape or anything that will physically harm women you screwed.

0|0
    0|0
  • Absolutely no compromise. Criminal men will never change

0|0
    0|0
  • That's pretty minor. Where do you live where they post your mugshot for shit like that?

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on the charges.
    I'm not sure if it says on line what the charges are, but I think getting nicked for weed is a pretty stupid law anyway. So I'd give ya a chance.
    Hell I'd use the mugshot as a profile pic and put the reason above my head. Lol

Now if we where talking murder I'd probably need the motive and might just error on the side of caution and not date that person.
    Then I'm a true crime buff so the intent and reasons mean a lot to someone like me, where some people see things as black and white.

0|0
    0|0
  • Ofcourse if its only weed , people deserve second chances

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, depends on the crime. If he's a rapist or a murderer, then nope.

0|0
    0|0
  • If you are no longer the person who does that than there is nothing to worry

0|0
    0|0
  • Sure. I wouldn't care as long as its for something minor like weed.

0|0
    0|0
  • Weed is fine

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope,

0|0
    0|0
  • depends on the crime i guess

0|0
    0|0
  • Well, just another guy on drugs.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would think what a poor dude.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope

0|0
    0|0
  • Personally I would never give a criminal a chance

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope.

0|0
    0|0
  • I’ve been arrested quite many times.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, I’ve dated several guys with arrested like that but I also have some similar arrests myself.

0|0
    0|0
  • That seriously wouldn’t bother me. I don’t think going to jail automatically makes someone a bad person. You’ll find someone who accepts you and your past.

0|0
    0|0
  • Weed possession ≠ Boyfriend material

1|0
    1|0
  • This is just because I am curious what the girls answered

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes