I like him too but is it pointless pursuing anything?

The guy I like who's in one of my project groups at uni asked me out on a kind of date today. I don't know what to do as the timing just isn't great so it seems pointless.

I'm heading home for a surgery in a couple of days so I'll be away from uni for a few weeks and when I get back it'll just be a couple of weeks of exams and then it's the end of the academic year. We're both taking years off of uni next year to get industry experience too so it wouldn't really be practical for anything to happen next year either.

I just don't know what to do. I think I do like this guy and we'd be quite well suited but I feel like it just wouldn't be practical. Do I go for it and see what happens or just shut it down now before anything else happens?

22

Most Helpful Girl

• Give it a shot, you all don't necessarily need uni to make a relationship happen (assuming that you all turn out to like each other). You can explain your situation to him after the first date (if all goes well) and see if you all can keep in contact and continue meeting outside of school.

• That's true, I think my reservation (if anything were to come of it) is just the whole distance thing. We live at different ends of the country pretty much and I'll be working full time and he'll be working and travelling. I guess I'll see what happens 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Oh, that really changes things. I guess the future will depend on whether one of you is willing to move eventually or if you all are even open to long distance commitment. I hope all goes well with your surgery but I'm not experienced in long distance relationships.

Most Helpful Guy

• If u have an option take it and see how it goes. Don't regret it later on. Whatever decision u make ensure u don't regret it so think. I personally would go for it

• True, I guess there's no harm in giving it a go, I just don't want to be wasting his or my time

• Exactly. Whatever it is get to know it now.