Boyfriend wants us to move to another state?

My boyfriend and I are ready to move in together. But he wants to move to another state nearby his family. I wouldn’t mind at all but what’s holding me back is college. I doubt a lot of the units will transfer over and it’s way more expensive. He offered to pay for my school but I don’t know. It’s just a huge step. I’m not sure what else is holding me back. I love the idea of moving somewhere new... but also I’m gonna miss my friends and knowing MY family is not far.

I love this guy very much, and wouldn’t mind sacrificing things for him... but this? Would it be worth it? It it something I should try?

13

Most Helpful Guy

• First try to find out if you could finish college online. If you could, then you may be able to decide easier.
    Does he just want to move to be closer to his family, or is it for work, or something else?
    And the career you are training for, will there be opportunities in the new state/city?

• Well the thing is I don’t know what I’m training for. I don’t even know what I want with my life. Which is why I was planning on taking a semester off. But I was staying so I could figure myself out, recharge, and get back on track. He wants to do it for family and for him, there’s more job opportunity.

• First figure out what you want to do. College is a waste of time and money if you go with no goal in mind. Look online at the available degrees/certificates and see if any of those kinds of jobs interest you. Don't base it purely on pay, but more on something you would enjoy.

Most Helpful Girl

• Why can't you wait till you finish school? If you put it off or he says he will help pay, you may never finish. I'd talk to him about it. I'd hate to see you throw away your education.