Ever flaked on a date bc she didn't feel worth it?

I just flaked on a date an hour beforehand bc it felt like too much work. I had suggested an activity or meal/darts at a local sports bar (non smoking), she wanted a movie--we were going to meet halfway then she wanted to go to a theater by her place instead bc she really wanted it in IMAX. (so 36 miles one way and the movie she wanted ends so depressing.) Plus while she's kind of cute she's not attractive I'm like "yasss" and all eager.

So I was like "70 miles of driving, I'm paying $35 for a movie I don't really want to see, with a girl I'm not that into yet bleh" and kind of flaked and cancelled.

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I have sort of. It was a girl from tinder. She suggested meeting at a coffee shop in her town 30 miles away from mine. She was cute but going to the city was a pain. But w/e. The day before it happened, she said she couldn't make it and then gave me her number and told her to contact her (I asked for her number a few days before). I said it was cool, but I never hit her up after. It felt like such a turn off, and going to the city felt like a chore.

Other than that.. its hiking with a girl i liked who told me she wanted to be just friends after the first date a few months before. We almost made things official, but then I canceled and told her I didn't want to anymore because I had the dating mindset and she didn't have the same. It was long distance but when we hung out and went on a date she drove to see me from quite a bit of distance.. That distance kind of turned me off after though.. Made me a little less likely to follow up, though most of it turning me off was that I had to initiate conversations most of the time, and that was annoying AF

0|0
    0|0
  • If she didn't feel worth it then why would you make the plans to begin with. This girl probably spent an hour getting ready and making sure she looked amazing and now you're just like uh no.

0|0
    0|0
    • We were going to meet partway and then she wanted it to be in her town, which just felt like not worth it. It was going to be like $35 to see a depressing movie and 70 miles of driving and she didn't look that hot.

• Show All
    • It's Canton GA. It's not a bad town but there's nothing there. And we're not hooking up on a Sunday night when we both have work the next morning.

• Okay, my town has nothing, literally nothing we only have one store and there's still amazing areas to go look at the stars or just hang out and the population in Canton is literly 10,000 more than my town. Not everything after has to be a hookup. Maybe there was a cute shop or something.

• I have not. But looking back, there are many times I wish I had.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes