How should I tell my parents I'm dating an older man?

I'm turning 20 in a few weeks and I've been dating this guy who is 12 years older than me. I want to tell my parents, but I am kinda afraid. My mom knows I have a crush on this gay and basically told me to just be careful. My parents are going to meet him sometime this week as my friend. When and how should I tell them?

23

Most Helpful Guy

• My wife is 10 years younger. It was an issue with her family as well as myself at first. The main issue is they dont want him to take advantage of the younger girl. There is a difference in experience and maturity at thouse ages. If he shows that he is respectful and trests you as an equal. Then they will except it. There is advantages to both people in the age gap. There are also disadvantages.

Most Helpful Girl

• You should tell them very soon. They will most likely support you and plus you are over 16 and can date anyone with any age. Even if they don’t support they are going to have to deal with it. If you love your man very very much it’s not worth to fight wether or not your parents decide who you date