If a guy truly was interested there wouldn’t be any excuses about anything? Help?

this guy and I stopped talking for awhile and we started talking again ish. We had a thing before we stopped talking. When we stopped before he said he couldn’t commit to anyone and was busy with school. Tonight we we’re talking and I said how I missed talking with him and how I get excited when I see his name pop up on my phone and he says well all you have to is talk to me. I was kinda hurt that he didn’t say he missed me back. i then said something how it’s a waste of time talking to someone who doesn’t miss you back and he said I enjoyed talking to you. That’s past tense... I’m overthinking.. He said he’s been really busy with school and graduating in may and he doesn’t go on him phone that much anyone. But if a boy was truly interested in you wouldn’t he talk to you no excuses?

03