Why does he act so uncomfortable around me?

My boyfriend and I have been together for 6 months, most of that has been long distance (2 hours) but I do spend most weekends with him.

He is a very quite, sweet, sensitive person, who tends to be a little bit social awkward (but so am I so it really works most of the time)

He doesn’t seem to think of himself very highly, which I hate because he is very good looking, kind, funny and very sweet.

We’ve never fought about anything, and are usually on the same page regarding almost everything.

I figured that it would take awhile for him to really be comfortable around me, because I know it takes me a long time to warm up to people.

It’s been six months now tho, and it seems like he’s always afraid to say or do anything that may offend me, or to make plans/plan dates because he’s afraid it won’t be what I want to do.

This guy is all about pleasing me, and doing whatever I want even if it might not be wants.

I know, what a thing to complain about, right?

But I want him to be happy too, and not feel like he has to walk on eggs shells around me for fear of me getting mad.

An example of this. I worked an overnight shift, and then immediately went up to visit him, knowing that he had a commitment for a few hours during the day (we talked about it before hand) so the plan was for him to go to his meeting, and for me to hang back and take a nap since I had been up for almost 27 hours straight. His meeting was only supossed to be an hour, but ended up being almost 3. So when he got back he let me sleep for an extra couple of hours (even tho I asked him to wake me up when he got home) and when I finally woke up he aplogized multiple times. I tried to assure him that it was perfectly fine, and I was glad to get some extra sleep. Even after I left to go back home, he messaged me and apologized that he was gone so much, even tho it was only 3 hours out of the whole 2 days I was there. He’s very sweet,, but I feel bad he is so afraid sometimes.

03