Doesn't want a relationship but actions say different?

Why do men say they don't want a relationship but do the opposite? Do they think saying that removes any sense of responsibility of their actions in the future? Seriously if you don't want a person why can't you just fuck off and leave that person alone.

If you don't want a relationship why even bother connecting with someone by sending them cute shit everyday, dumb cute pictures, food I like, music, etc. The killer part about this is that I asked if he wanted sex just as friends with benefits a couple years ago, and he got all butthurt like I was using him for sex. But when I say tinder is trashy he got defensive about it.

Like wtf is wrong with this generation. Make up your damn mind.

01