Can an age gap relationship work?

I'm dating a guy who is 43 and I am 29. I'm falling for him and he's told me he loves me, I haven't met a guy who's treated me this well in years and our connection has been strong from the moment we met, I think about him all the time! I'm just wondering, if this progresses, could the age gap be too much? Especially if we stay together and want to have kids etc (jumping way ahead I know !!)

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• No it is not an issue. If you love each other don't let age stop you. You may get strange looks by people sometimes but wjjo cares what they think. Do what makes both of you happy. Spend your lives together and cherish each other.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• It can. Especially if you guys have not only common interests, but goals as well. Those two things are extremely important with an age gap. But both my Mother and Father have remarried people older/younger than them. But close to that much if not more. Both around that much.

1|0
    0|0
    • And mutual respect for each other! These are all things that should be in any relationship, but an age gap for sure.

• We're both musicians and I already have a deep respect for him as a person. Our sexual chemistry is on point, it's just my 'friends' who have made a few off comments about superficial things, mainly the fact he looks his age and I look younger than my 29 years, but looks fade anyway. I'm just going to ignore any negativity!

• Yes I would. It doesn't matter what they think, they aren't in the relationship with him. If it gets too bad from them, you may have to make it clear that they need to keep their comments/thoughts to themselves lol

• It can work but gotta understamd that certian things will be crazy hard his sex drive will most Likely dry up before yours and if you do stay partners he will most likely die way before you do

1|0
    0|0
    • At the moment he wants sex about 5 times a night, so if it does dry up maybe it will go down to twice a day? Hehe. I know what you mean though.

• Yeah just those things his body will deteriorate faster and that stuff but if u are fine with that can work out

• Age is a number and you are both old enough to know what you want and shouldn't care what other people think

1|0
    0|0
  • Doesn’t matter, girl! Go for it. I had a guy friend that was 18 years older than me and it was a very beneficial union! I taught him what was trendy, gave him song recommendations from upcoming bands, and made him feel young again. In turn, I learned a lot about business and how to present myself. So yes-giving you the green light 100%!

0|0
    0|0
  • It can only work if you both have the same maturity level and most of the times people with a big age gap don't.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think that this age gap isn't too bad. If you love each other go for it. Best of luck!!

1|0
    0|0
  • Doesn't matter. My mom was 29 and my dad was 44 when they got together. Was together over 25yrs

1|0
    0|0
  • Don't see a problem...

My father married my mother when he was 42 and she was 18...

They were together until he passed at 92...

0|0
    0|0
  • No generally these relationships aren't going to pat and they're filled will problems.

0|1
    0|0
  • It can be... not sure, it depends on the characters and maturity. Also he will be old soon while you just it in your 40ies.

0|1
    0|0
  • I have a relative who became a first time father at 58 (she was mid-thirties) not too long ago, so I guess it can.

0|0
    0|0
  • not for you. men that age want a girl your age for all the wrong reasons

0|0
    0|0
  • So long that you are happy I would say it can but be careful

0|0
    0|0
  • Emmanuel Macron's did. He is 40, she 65.

1|0
    0|0
    • And so did Celine Dion 's. They were married until his death at 73. She is now 50.

• Age is just that, age. I think the looks people give us (as I look young for my age and he looks bang on 42) have bothered me, think I just need to put that out of my mind! Thank you x

• No it does not matter

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes if you actually love them

1|0
    0|0
  • It's fine. Don't worry so much about it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Fuck no!

0|0
    0|0
  • Is he got money in his pocket?

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes