Is it worth getting to know someone if they still talk to their ex?

You're on a date and you find out they still talk with their ex. "yeah, I still talk to my ex sometimes."

Continue seeing them or not?

• Yeah I'd still get to know them
  • No it's not worth it

615

Most Helpful Guy

• Wow I had this mentality :( My first ex is now one of my closest friends, we had our fling and it didn't go so well we just didn't work in that way. But now we make great best friends and there's no way either of us would go back there. Each relationship I've had has ended well and im still friends with all my exs. I understand that sometimes people are shit idiots and relationships end badly, but the strength and morality of someone getting over any pain and really still appreciating the connection is great. I'd have no problem with a girl still being friends with her ex, to me thats a powerful strength. Why do we live in a society that says oh if you dont work out as a couple you have to disconnect entirely from that person and talk trash about them, ignore them. If you're worried that they are going back or gonna leave you either thats a big issue with them and you deserve better, or you're just insecure about yourself. be strong, be passionate, build friendships and relationships not drama and hate :)

Most Helpful Girl

• Hell no. The only way I'll still allow an ex in your life is if you have like a kid with them. Otherwise, there is no reason to still talk to them in my opinion.