Is it worth getting to know someone if they still talk to their ex?

You're on a date and you find out they still talk with their ex. "yeah, I still talk to my ex sometimes."

Continue seeing them or not?

Is it worth getting to know someone if they still talk to their ex?
  • Yeah I'd still get to know them
    Vote A
  • No it's not worth it
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• Wow I had this mentality :( My first ex is now one of my closest friends, we had our fling and it didn't go so well we just didn't work in that way. But now we make great best friends and there's no way either of us would go back there. Each relationship I've had has ended well and im still friends with all my exs. I understand that sometimes people are shit idiots and relationships end badly, but the strength and morality of someone getting over any pain and really still appreciating the connection is great. I'd have no problem with a girl still being friends with her ex, to me thats a powerful strength. Why do we live in a society that says oh if you dont work out as a couple you have to disconnect entirely from that person and talk trash about them, ignore them. If you're worried that they are going back or gonna leave you either thats a big issue with them and you deserve better, or you're just insecure about yourself. be strong, be passionate, build friendships and relationships not drama and hate :)

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Hell no. The only way I'll still allow an ex in your life is if you have like a kid with them. Otherwise, there is no reason to still talk to them in my opinion.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I'm still friends with my ex's, because we still hold common interests. I talk to one about music because we both love industrial and electronic, and I talk to the other about video games since that's what we both still enjoy. Not going to get back together, but there is nothing wrong with having friends of the opposite gender.

0|0
    0|0
  • If they are still in touch with their ex what's the problem? If they have some sort of feelings then its a problem. Or else it's really not bad. Coz sometimes people do break up on good terms so they end up being really good friends so ya... Think about it...

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends on their relationship with them. I talk to some of my ex’s because we didn’t end in bad terms but realized we are better as friends. There is zero chance we will get back together. My boyfriend is ok with that

0|0
    0|0
  • Relationships start and end in all sorts of ways, and don't always end in such a terrible way that no one wants to talk to each other any more.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on the person, honestly. However, that would make me feel very uncomfortable and I wouldn't trust a woman who was still in contact with her ex and if the ex lived in the same area as us.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well I would ask questions since the is a difference between talking to them everyday and occasionally catching up

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm still very good friends with two of my exes, but I am not remotely romantically interested in either of them.

0|0
    0|0
  • As long as they don't talk ABOUT their ex the whole time. I think it shows a mature view of life if you can be on good terms with an ex.

0|0
    0|0
  • You have to find out how close this connection still is before you can make a decision.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yea i still talk to a few of my ex bf's and if i go with a guy i still do it

0|0
    0|0
  • being honest thats some shady stuff right there... BUT there's no issue with it as long as he's clear about intentions.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah. Talking is just that. It doesn't mean they'll be getting back togethor

0|0
    0|0
  • No it's not worth trying to get to know them until they can let go of their ex.

0|0
    0|0
  • Talk with their ex about what? I talk with my ex about our kids, nothing else.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes talking to your ex doesn't mean you still dating him

0|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't waste my time

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes.

0|0
    0|0
  • depends. some are genuinely over her.