We are now official but why did he do this?

So I've been dating this guy for about a month or so
Yesterday we went for a long drive down south and he took me to lunch there and to this gorgeous look out
Then he asked me to be his girlfriend
Since i started liking him more and more, i said yes
We already have each other on snaphat and facebook
But then he asked me for my instagram
So he followed me and i followed him back
I looked at his instagram following and he was following around 530 people
Then this morning, I looked at his instagram again and the following number decreased
It says he's following 400 people now
So that means he unfollowed a lot of people on instagram
Why do you think he did this?
Im really curious about this

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Most likely those are women and he's gauging whether he's allowed to follow other women or you're a psycho girlfriend that will take a piece of his soul when and if he follows other women.

JK. LOL

But still, maybe those are other women and in respect to you, he unfollowed them.

0|1
    0|0
    • Can i ask why u think its girls that he's unfollowing?

• I've had an ex before...

She be like

"Who is this?" "Why are you following her?"
      I kinda became sick of it.

Most Helpful Girl

• To show u that u r more important than those other girls and he didn't want to make u jealous

0|0
    0|0
    • Can i ask why u think its girls that he's unfollowing?

• I guess I shouldn't assume you r right. But maybe it wasn't in that case maybe he knows how those people are or they unfollowed him when they found out he was taken

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• You are very early in this relationship and I suggest that you do something which will set a trend for you two. Talk to him directly, tell him what you noticed, and ask him what happened. Be very matter of fact and try to not suggest that you already know the answer. . . because you don't.

I woke up a few weeks ago and had 16,000 more followers on this site! That happened because of a change in site rules and not as a result of anything that I did.

0|1
    0|0
  • That’s completely normal. He’s making sure that you aren’t impacted by anything from his past that might upset, annoy or aggravate you.

I’m an open, honest and transparent person- and I didn’t want to “hide” anything from my girl, so didn’t change it delete anything. To this day (We’ve been divorced since Feb 2017) she accuses me if relationships with girls she found (and screenshot) on my social media... I never did.. ever. But that didn’t stop her - I wish I had just deleted it...

1|2
    0|0
  • What the hell?
    Am I... I just... I don't get why this even matters.

Why does his internet page affect you?

0|0
    1|0
    • Its weird !
      I posted a freakin question for a reason mate

• I just... It's internet...

No one is... I mean. It's all one sided... It's internet it's only...

Why care about followers?

Look, I can't help so...

Here's some (kind of) helpful information:

Dogs help humans by just being dogs. They help build your immune system and people who have dogs report less stress than those that don't.

• Haha... Lol... Could've been random. I just unfriended 25 on fb and un followed about 30 people (some same) a couple months ago... It may only be a coincidence he did after you guys got together... Chill !!

0|0
    1|0
  • Maybe it's a gesture of his loyalty to you? I know I've had girls unfollow me as soon as they get a boyfriend, and I always assumed that was why. If it really bothers you I'd ask him, but I'm thinking it's probably a positive thing.

0|0
    0|0
  • I do that from time to time when my newsfeed is getting far too long because of the amount of people I am following. Its possible he was following some swimsuit models/sites that he unfollowed in case you got upset with him. Or a combination of both. I don't know if I'd ask him. It might look very possessive so early in your relationship. I know I would see it that way.

0|0
    0|0
  • He had some hot babes he was following who had hot piccies , he appreciates that you may well see some of this and decides its best to get rid of 130 or so.

0|0
    0|0
  • This is quite a dilemma you have. He must have not liked lot of unwanted posts coming in. Maybe he unfollwed theones that he didn't want to see. I do thag once in a while as well.

0|0
    0|0
  • Probably because a lot of dirtier/naughtier things were on his insta or even some girls that would tempt him to cheat and he wants to get rid of them so he doesn't have that temptation. I'd do the same thing.

0|0
    0|0
  • Probably cares what you think and doesn't want to lose you

1|1
    0|0
  • Maybe they were some gals he was talking with and found what he wants in you and deleted them to make sure he don't upset you and to Persue your relationship further!

0|0
    0|0
  • Be direct and ask him about it. Could be a lot of things.

0|1
    0|0
  • I can t understand obsesion with fucking follows and instagram and crap...

0|1
    1|0
  • Just ask him about it. Being direct is the best way to get to the bottom of this rather than just speculating

0|0
    0|0
  • Because Instagram is stupid and a waste of his time

0|0
    1|0
  • Many just got tired of their posts. When I reach about 200, I usually go and unfollow those who are not important to me anymore

0|0
    0|0
  • He is following random people and unfollow them when they follow him back

0|0
    1|0
  • Well it could mean that he had some secrets that he didn't want you to find out from stalking

0|0
    0|0
  • Does it really fucking matter

0|1
    1|0
    • Its just a fuckin question
      No need to be a fuckin prick

• Lol, but on the scale of things, it's Instagram. It's not real. Unplug.

• Ask him. Plain and simple.

0|2
    1|0
  • I can't believe this is even a question.

0|0
    1|0
  • Are the 130 less people women?

0|1
    0|0
  • To hide his other girlfriends I think

0|0
    1|0
  • i dont know

0|0
    1|0
  • Maybe he didn't want any temptation