Should I be ashamed?

I've had other bfs in the past but i haven't even kissed a boy let alone oral or sex. My new boyfriend is very experienced in the physical dept and knows what he's doing. I'm ashamed to tell him I haven't even kissed a guy... How do I tell him

14

Most Helpful Girl

• Of course not. Being inexperienced or a virgin is nothing to be ashamed of, especially at your age. You are young, there will be plenty of time for you to do those things in the future. That shouldn't be your main focus right now. You should be focused on school, figuring out who you are and what you want out of life, not worried about sex.

If your boyfriend does ask, just tell him the truth. If he makes fun of you or puts you down for it, then you'll know he isn't the right person for you. Someone who truly cares about will not care if you are inexperienced. It's really not a big deal.

Another point of advice, don't let him pressure you into anything. Please don't feel like you have to have sex in order to be "cool" or to make others like you. Whenever you do eventually decide to take that next step, it should be because it's what YOU want for yourself and only when you feel 100% comfortable.

I would also recommend waiting until you are a bit more mature and can fully understand the possible consequences of sex not only physically, but emotionally as well. I'm happy to help if you have more questions. Best of luck to you!

Most Helpful Guy

• Just be upfront about it- everyone starts out inexperienced