Why is my boyfriend acting as if he can’t live if his ex isn’t apart of his life in someway?

When we started dating, my boyfriend blocked his ex on his main Facebook page but added her on his second one and was still messaging her. I noticed that she had unfriended him on his second page but it seems like he took the time out to go and add her again and now he even unblocked her on his main page. He did the same thing on Instagram when he noticed she had unfriended him. He also has been messaging her since yesterday making small talk about popsicles telling her he was wants her to get him some as if he doesn’t have his own money or like he can’t ask me. Is it not about the popsicles at all? Is he just trying to have a reason to talk to her and possibly see her by asking her to buy him something? I haven’t said anything because I don’t want him to know that I’ve been creeping.

02