Do I have the right to be mad at my boyfriend in this situation?

I have clinical depression and I was having a bad day. When I told my boyfriend about it, he was like "depression and all is all in your head. There are starving kids in Africa so stop being a baby".
I got mad and am not talking to him. Am I doing the right thing here?

210

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, but not talking to him is a bad idea. Giving him the 'silent treatment' is so unhealthy, and it causes so many communication problems in relationships, you should talk to him and tell him why you are mad, but if he's being rude or just brushing it off then maybe you should reconsider you're relationship

• I talked to him today and he was dismissive about it. He was like "what could possibly make you sad?"

• ugh if i were u i would break up with him, he doesn't sound like he would be a very good partner to be helping u with that, i bet u could find a nicer guy!!

Most Helpful Guy

• I suffer from depression and you can't help the way you feel it's all down to a chemical imbalance of your brain. You are right to be angry and people ignorance pisses me off. If your boyfriend loves you he shouldn't be a dick about it he should be there for you