How would let your friend know that he/she is being cheated on?

I've never personally been in that position but I've seen one my friends go through this. Is it that big a dilemma?
I think it is pretty straightforward, you tell you friend to dump the cheating dipshit.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I wouldn't tell my friend to "dump the cheating dipshit" as you say.
    Though, I've kind of been in that situation.

With a good friend, we were both on this dating website and talked about it. One day at a party, she told me that earlier that day, she saw a friend's boyfriend online with a profile. She asked me for advise on what to do and I advised her to tell our friend. She did. At first, that friend didn't really react but the next day she had break up with him.

They were already having problems. We didn't tell her what to do but we did give her the facts and we were there to listen if she needed to talk.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• None of my business unless the friend is about to get married & asks me point blank for advice.

Most people don’t want to know their SO is cheating or they know & are in denial. On top of that the SO can break up your friendship. Not worth it. Your friend should pick more carefully.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd gather proof and present it to them. Then I'd let them know that I would be there for them whatever they decided to do and I'm sorry but I just wanted them to know.

0|1
    0|0
  • If I had a close friend in that position, I may make them aware of my concerns but stress that I wasn't sure of anything. That way there's wiggle room on both sides.
    Delicate though.

0|0
    0|0
  • Id just tell the friend who was being cheated on

0|1
    0|0
  • Just tell them

0|0
    0|0
  • It is best not to get involved. Personal experience has shown me that most often they will doubt you, tell their SO, who then smooths everything over by throwing you under the bus. It is only after they catch their SO on their own that anything gets done.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes