How should I tell my bf?

I recently found out I have separation anxiety. I only see my boyfriend on weekends because we live and hour apart. We talk everyday but not seeing him during the week is really hard. My doctor suggested that I tell him so we can try to work on this. The only problem is I don’t know how I should tell him. Any suggestions?
I told my boyfriend about the anxiety. So he went to build a bear and made me a bear with a message inside so if I ever miss him I can still had his voice and he also did @Melodie_Flowers idea and got a locket he’s going to get a picture of us together put in it. Thanks for all of the great opinions🙂

52

Most Helpful Girl

• Just be honest, and ask to talk with him in person somewhere private (like your room, or the living room when no ones home) and let him know what you've been dealing with.
    Tell him you want to share this with him bec he's an important person in your life, and be honest. Explain to him how it feels being apart, and remind him you do need your space, but you are also struggling with this anxiety that makes things hard.

He's your boyfriend, you can trust and share whatever you want with him! Especially if it involves him. So have a relaxing evening in, unwind and get a good chat going, cuddle up and ask him to talk about something important. Then explain

I'm sure he will be VERY glad you told him this, and it'l help him understand what you're dealing with too, and hopefully he can find ways to help.

Also, maybe keeping a picture of him in a locket necklace will help you? Or have him send you a good morning message each day through voicemail, that you can replay through the day when you need to hear his voice. Take one of his t-shirts to wear when you miss him, and ask for his bracelet to wear as a comfort piece from him.
    You can even ask him to spray some of his cologne onto your pillow and blankets when he's over to help you sleep! My boyfriend does this. I also stash his hoodies in my bed and wear them at night. He knows, but he doesn't mind :)
    I hope you both can work together and get through this!

• The locket is a good idea I’ll bring that up when I tell him. Thank you

Most Helpful Guy

• Sure. You sit face to face and tell it just like you did here.
    The problem is that is the problem with LDR's - and I only condone them if it's temporary. Will there come a time when you two will see each other every day? As in move closer? Or together?

• We have talked about moving in together. He thinks I should finish college first. (He already finished) I should be done by next may

• Focus on your goals, on making your life and relationship worthwhile. My guess is the anxiety will pass.