Should I stay with him when he lied about his age?

So I met this guy online and we’d been talking for over 9months before we decided to meet up. I was safe and met in a public place and told my friend about it. When we met he kissed me and said he’d wanted to do that for forever. We walked around the mall and then the convo got serious and he tells me he has a secret but doesn’t want me to get mad. He told me he’s 25 instead of 19. He just looks really young. I know some people have like a 10 year gap so could this relationship work? I really like him but I know others may not approve. I’m 16 almost 17 by the way.

510

Most Helpful Girl

• He's a pedophile. Stop talking to him and if he doesn't stop talking to you, tell your parents and I'm sure they will tell the authorities. He needs to not be out in society. Keeping your mouth closed could end in another minor being assaulted and/or killed.. someone like that is never to be trusted. Please cut it off and open your mouth.

Most Helpful Guy

• it depends if you feel the age gap is a problem or not? or exactly why you think he lied about it , at this point in my view the whole thing doesn't even seem that serious , 9 months of chatting online without meeting until now? it doesn't seem like a serious relationship

• I mean I was creeped out at first but I also don’t see him as 25. It feels serious to me, especially after finally meeting and knowing how well we know each other.

• but you don't know him very well , only 1 in person meeting , chatting online even for months isn't a close connection in my view