Should I stay with him when he lied about his age?

So I met this guy online and we’d been talking for over 9months before we decided to meet up. I was safe and met in a public place and told my friend about it. When we met he kissed me and said he’d wanted to do that for forever. We walked around the mall and then the convo got serious and he tells me he has a secret but doesn’t want me to get mad. He told me he’s 25 instead of 19. He just looks really young. I know some people have like a 10 year gap so could this relationship work? I really like him but I know others may not approve. I’m 16 almost 17 by the way.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• He's a pedophile. Stop talking to him and if he doesn't stop talking to you, tell your parents and I'm sure they will tell the authorities. He needs to not be out in society. Keeping your mouth closed could end in another minor being assaulted and/or killed.. someone like that is never to be trusted. Please cut it off and open your mouth.

1|1
    0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• it depends if you feel the age gap is a problem or not? or exactly why you think he lied about it , at this point in my view the whole thing doesn't even seem that serious , 9 months of chatting online without meeting until now? it doesn't seem like a serious relationship

0|0
    0|0
    • I mean I was creeped out at first but I also don’t see him as 25. It feels serious to me, especially after finally meeting and knowing how well we know each other.

• but you don't know him very well , only 1 in person meeting , chatting online even for months isn't a close connection in my view

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• PLEASE READ:

There's a reason why he lied... YES it is creepy and he knows that.

It could simply be he's ashamed, or could be he likes women under 18, which is illegal.

Either way, tred carefully hun. He knows it's wrong. Looks for signs, both good and bad, about his intentions.

If you see a red flag... Then you know better than to stay and break it off

1|1
    0|0
  • Well if it's okay to date a minor, where you live. It's really up to you. My manager lied to his wife and she's 10 years older. She was 28 and my manager was 18 when they met and he lied just so they can be together. When he finally confessed, she was upset and needed time but after being together for so long she forgave him.
    But in your case I don't know, make sure if it's okay to date someone that old since your still a minor. If it's okay, I think you should let your parents know as well.

0|0
    0|0
  • That's a hard one.. He obviously shouldn't have lied about his age but would you have talk to him at all as a 19 year old? If the relationship is good and the age Gap doesn't bother y'all who cares what anyone else thinks about it

0|0
    0|0
  • He may have been afraid of getting rejected due to the age difference. If you two were getting along just fine before knowing his true age, why should people decide if the relationship is good enough or not due to age? Lying in a relationship is not healthy but if he's willing to give a good explaination why he lied to you and proves to be more truthful with you in the future, I dont see why this couldnt work! He was willing to meet with you in a public place and it sounds like you're comfortable with him.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've never understood why anyone would lie about their age. Starting the relationship with dishonesty... always promising.

0|0
    0|0
  • hmmm. he should've been honest from the start girly

0|1
    0|0
  • It could possibly work but is it illegal and does he routinely lie?

0|0
    0|0
    • Age of consent is 16 here so it’s legal and no this is the first time he’s lied

• It's the first time you know of. Hasn't he lost credibility though?

• A 25 year old going after a minor? Huge red flag.
    Keep that in mind.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd say move along you'll meet plenty of others your age

0|0
    0|0
  • Dnt consider others in your relationship , Don't build your relation on others to approve or not.

0|0
    0|0
  • A relationship starting with a lie... :(

2|1
    0|0
  • that's creepy.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would say go for it

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes