Am I the reason my ex and I are no longer together (read more please)?

I broke up with my ex a few months ago and he said we will remain good friends. However, it was a short-term relationship but I miss him a lot. I’ve been single since and at the time, the break-up felt like a good idea. I persisted that we were disconnected in a way and he disregarded this reality, presuming this was due to my anxiety. After I brought it to his attention once and for all, he finally concurred and we came to the conclusion we were better off as friends. We don’t speak often like we said we would. And we only contact one another through social media through likes on posts and images. I feel I am responsible for the break-up. However, he says that I am not the only person behind the break-up and he would have come to this conclusion eventually too, even if I did not bring it to his attention. I feel so hurt and thought I’d be over it and him, but I don’t speak to him because I fear he found someone new or it will initiate old feelings more strongly. I am going to move on and do what I can to move past this. But I still feel the break-up is my fault.
  • Yes
  • No

02