Are promise rings stupid?

A promise ring, for those who don’t know, is a ring to symbolize the promise of a future engagement. It’s usually used for couples who are in a poor financial place, or for those who are too young to get engaged at that time. Is the concept of a promise ring dumb? Should people just wait for the real shabang?
  • Yes, promise rings are dumb
  • No, they’re romantic!

32

Most Helpful Guy

• You will likely not end up being with the person who gives you a promise ring... I have had 4 in the past. I still think it's cute but don't hold you're expectations too high

Most Helpful Girl

• I think they're dumb. Why not just get engaged and then married whenever you feel you're ready.. engagements can still be called off if need be.

• Not to mention, the girl will probably think she's being proposed for marriage when she sees a ring..