Why are some guys so careless?

About my previous post, that guy ended up replying and saying he’s just not on his phone often which is fine, I understand. But he still saw my message and chose to ignore it. I’m not trying to be high maintenance it’s just either I’m a priority to you or I’m not? And clearly I wasn’t. I then told him where we would be meeting on Saturday and he ignored that and I know he was ignoring it cuz when I went to dm my friend back I noticed it said he was “active now” on instagram which proves he saw my message. So I waited a few hours and still no reply. Which made me mad cuz I was trying to decide if I wanted to buy tickets or not and he wasn’t replying? So I bought the tickets and I’ll show what I said. Lmao. I don’t really care how bitchy this may have seemed, he went from TEXTING ME 24/7 and snapchatting, replying at the speed of light and acting all about me to not even replying. Which is exactly what he did to me last time and he STRAIGHT STOOD ME UP!!! He’s lucky I forgave him? That’s so disrespectful. I’m sure his mother wouldn’t appreciate this if she knew he treated females this way. I don’t care because I have some other friends who are meeting up w my friend and I Saturday night but I’m just a bit confused on how someone can just basically slowly start to ghost me like that for no reason? I bet you if I hadn’t said anything else I wouldn’t have heard a single thing from him ever again. Why are some guys so careless?Why are some guys so careless?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• When dudes seen, this is what happens huh? Girls just put too much credit to themselves. Wow. Just wow. by the way when dudes stop replying to you, just delete the chatbox if you hate it so much, don't act petty and cheap like that, I'm pretty sure that's not how you usually act.🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️ And if he really ghosted you, you would've forget about it by now. Why still chose to stay? Even if you're confused, it's not gonna settle by itself, so how bout you take a chill pill and delete the chatbox and relax. You're hot, some other dude will always text you.

0|0
    0|0
    • It's just a seen, big deal. Don't be too concerned with attention. I'm not speaking for men. I'm just saying you need to work on yourself a bit more. You're not perfect. Never have expectation from anyone even though they can act as close as possible because they can ghost you anytime, BECAUSE THEY CAN. okay? So instead of wreaking havoc on yourself for expecting so much from this Josiah guy, how bout you get yourself a drink and have fun at the event that you planned yourself! Only when you can enjoy your own company, is when you're not dependant on others.

• Show All
    • You’re very true, thank you. I appreciate this and I will take note of this.

• Hey no worries, be happy and be yourself. Show everyone how beautiful you can really be. 💖👌

Most Helpful Girl

• Yet the guys encourage girls to *approach* first. I kid. This is so humiliating. If I was not interested, I'd still respond and give a decent reply telling a him that I am not going for it.

1|0
    0|0
    • Exactly! I would text him first too because I don’t mind texting first but clearly I was just doing all the work. He did text me first about the first day or two we were talking but that quickly stopped. I can only blame myself for not seeing the red flags sooner.

• Show All
    • Answer his guy question

Why is she ignoring my messages? ↗

Same coin different side...
      And whatever be ur answer to that question will be the answer to your question.

• Dude, that is very very different because she doesn’t personally know him. They are strangers. Me and this guy that were talking have known each other for a while very well and we’re not strangers. Do you understand? Not trying to be rude I get English isn’t your first language but I don’t think you’re understanding this situation as a whole.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• If you are allowed to not reply to someone so he can also be allow to choosr to not reply.

How many people messaging you and you do not even reply back even tho you saw the message.

So if you can ignore, he can ignore too.

He is not entitled to reply to you.

0|2
    0|0
    • I reply to everyone, there’s no reason to ignore a message unless there’s no way to respond or if it’s just not relevant. What I said deserved a response. I never ignore him so yes I did deserve a response.

• Maybe what you say is irrelevant to him at that point.

He does not reply, move on... u tried... it did not work out...
      Learn from it and move on.

He is what he is and you are what you are and there is no need for you to do a sort of gossip about him and etc

" changes comes within..."
      "Know the consequences of an action before doing it"

• My point is girl will gossip this guy like his and etc... and guys will start to gossip again.. noe guy will be offended with the girl gossip about this guy being asshole and etc and then girl will be offended when guys gossip about girl being sluty and bitchy.

At the end it changes nothing good to anyone.

• I'm sorry you are being treated like this I'd move on. He knows it clearly upsets you and he still donest want to make an effort so don't waste your time on him go be with your friends enjoy the DJ and find a different guy who will make you happier and make you feel wanted.

1|0
    0|0
    • Thank you. I appreciate this.

• Your very welcome. Your welcome to message me if you need something (hope I don't sound creepy)

• You're absolutely RIGHT in this scenario. 100% justified even tho I get how some guys think sometimes, but no just a complete douche. My question tho is, what's y'all status?

1|0
    0|0
    • We were talking but that’s over now. Thank you though. There’s even more details I forgot to add but he really is just a douche. He reached out to me again though which is why I gave him another chance after standing me up the first time I thought maybe he had changed. I was clearly wrong he definitely would’ve done it again. I’ve been stood up so so so so so many times by so many guys and I’m very sensitive to it which is why I’m quick to just cut this off now.

• Show All
    • Yeah I mean I understand people and I give them chances I know people have shitty lives and so I don’t always expect 100% from a person but it just gets to a level where it’s disrespectful. I’d never to that to someone, so I just don’t understand. But yeah I agree!!! Life is weird.

• Ur like the girl version of me, I swear!!! lol. That's the way I think... ama little older now tho so I have changed my methods and approaches with certain things not always bc I wanted to, liked it, or agreed with new tactics, but simply bc it is an imperative adjustment needed to survive and weather through the storms of life and it's kinda hard when u r young and doing it on your own (the learning), but anyways I am the 'do not go where the path may lead, but go instead where there is no path and leave a trail' kind of person, I sense in you too lol... plus hey with life you live n learn on your owns terms anyways whether u like it or not u know...

• He is rude, you should have read the signs when he stood you up the first time

1|1
    0|0
    • I know :/ I always give people too many chances, it is my fault.

• Show All
    • No it’s very true, not harsh at all. There’s nobody to blame but myself. I had a gut feeling and I should’ve trusted it. But thank you, I appreciate it! That is sweet. I’ll try.

• No problem, stay safe ✌

• You have to watch out for who you are chasing, make sure they love you back or thats what you'll keep getting

1|0
    0|0
  • Maybe you should stop harassing him... I'm kinda a bit scared reading your texts
    This poor guy probably just has other important things in his life.

0|0
    0|0
  • He's allowed not to respond. You can make other plans without getting upset. Your reaction says a lot about u.

0|0
    0|0
  • *Cries about a man not providing attention*
    *Gets tinder notifications and brags about getting other guys*

I wonder why he stopped talking to you.

0|0
    0|0
    • I literally wasn’t even on tinder while we were talking but since he clearly wasn’t interested ya I checked tinder. There was literally a ton of girls in his story the other day I’m clearly not the only one he talked to, my fault for thinking I’d be special.

• Obviously he's not that special to you either if you still have a tinder. I'm sorry but there has to be two sides to the story.

• yeah, you know how guys feel now. it happens

1|1
    0|0
  • I feel like we're missing something here.

0|0
    0|0
  • dip dipd op

0|0
    0|0
  • What a fucking asshole

0|0
    0|0
  • Werent you talking about tinder here, and flirting with another guy on a question? Honestly, im pretty sure there is a big reason why he is ducking you in the first place. Your reaction kind of gives off some bad vibes. If he keeps dodging you then why not just move on? Why send a bunch of angry texts and asks a bunch of questions on him?

0|0
    0|0
    • No. You really don’t know what you’re talking about. And because this is the first time he’s “dodged” me.

• If this is the first time then what did you mean by "previous post"?

• A post about the same guy

• He is not just interested in you. Don't blame him for that

0|0
    0|0
    • It's not polite, but you should not care so much about him either. Just move on

• Do you know that you're someone's crush on here?

It's not me, but, you know there is, right?

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm curious why this is upsetting you so much. Like I'm not trying to do the whole he's winning because you seem to care more thing because I hate that and think it's stupid.

But you are clearly very upset even though you have other friends to be with. And it doesn't seem like you've been seeing this guy for that long. Why are you so hurt by this? Not trolling genuinely curious

0|0
    0|0
    • Also that was like 90 minutes before you went off on him.

What if he saw your message and was going to reply and then got distracted and forgot about it? I do that with my best friends all the time. If I was that guy and say I actually was crazy about you in a genuine way. I still might end up doing what he did. Not out of indifference or some kind of mind game but I might have just forgot to reply.

• Show All
    • It wouldn’t have been a hard response all he had to say was yes or no lmao. Thanks for understanding tho.

• That's true. Sorry he hurt your feelings.

Recommended myTakes