Should I unblock him?

When me and my ex broke up I blocked him on everything as we had broken up and gotten back together so many times and I wanted to move on properly.
This was 6 months ago. Since then, I've dated, moved away, started a degree, made new friends, my whole life has changed completely. I feel a different person. I' definitely happier. I want to be in contact with my ex again. Not necessarily to get back together, I just want to know what's changed in his life since and for him to see my new life. I'm curious. Problem is I've blocked him. I'm scared if I unblock him, he'll assume its an attempt to get back together or trying to mess with his head.
A month ago I did see him in a club, him and his friends came and stood next to me. I walked off cause I felt awkward. I guess I should've used that opportunity. I regret not speaking to him now.
Would you find it weird if an ex randomly unblocked you after not speaking to you for 6 months? What would you assume?

12