Facebook message her... trying to reconnect?

Normally I don't stoop to this beta-level... but here me out. Last semester I took a course at a community college and I met this girl I was sorta attracted to. Didn't realize this till more than half of the semester was over. She gave me some subtle signs that made me initially think she was interested... Other days I wasn't entirely sure. She was shy and I am not a very forward person. Aside from some some brief convos before/after class, I never really made a move. I figured it wasn't worth it at the time and I would be over it after the semester was over.

Pass by a couple months now... A few weeks ago I have had this feeling in my gut to try to reach out to her again. We had added each other on Facebook but had never gotten her number at the time because I thought it wasn't worth it. I was thinking about messing her via FB since that is literally the only way of reaching her now... Any advice would be nice.

21