Girlfriend VS Dog?

I have been with my boyfriend for about a year now, and ever since we started dating he always mentioned how he wanted a dog in his life. I understood the companionship that he wanted with a animal bestfriend and found him a puppy that happened to land on Valentine's Day. It was an amazing deal and knew something like this wouldn't be easy to find again so we cancelled our Valentine's Day date and drove 2.5 hours to pick up the $200 puppy. Since then; they have been inseperatable and best of friends.

Im happy my boyfriend has his four legged best friend but what is happening is I'm starting to get a little bit jealous on my end. Our date for Valentine's Day never happened, no flowers, no card, and our dating stopped all together. Our 4 month planned trip out of city was nearly cancelled as he recieved the puppy 2 weeks before it. As encouraging as I am, i feel a bit kicked up in the dust or the third wheel as you may say. Cuddling during movies as stopped - because the dog lays on him instead, and even all of our dates include the now 15 week old puppy. I am confused how to feel about this and need some sort of advice or opinions on how to behave properly instead of being jealous over a dog.

Is it normal to feel jealous over something so trival? Or should I be in the loonie bin for thinking a puppy stole my boyfriend lol.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, why don't u talk to him about how you feel. Understood, its a puppy dog and they require a lot of attention. But tell him how you feel ie. feeling a bit negelected. Hopefully he'll understand. And if he still chooses the dog over you, then you might want to say good bye.

1|1
    0|0
    • Thank you for MHO!

Most Helpful Guys

• Puppies need lots of care, and he's probably focused on that because it's so vulnerable. Offer to do things with the puppy maybe, but tell him you need love too. As the puppy becomes more independent things will change, like a baby growing.

1|0
    0|0
  • Honestly, sounds like your boyfriend is neglecting your needs... It's great he sounds to be a caring and responsible pet owner, because puppies sure do need a lot of attention and loving. But maybe he has forgotten that girlfriends do too.

1|2
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Nuh you're good, my ex prefered her fucking plushie doll thingy over me xD I get you.
    They're just blinded by being dumb 🙃

1|0
    0|0
  • Try to initiate some cuddling, even if he is with the puppy. Caring for a puppy is no trivial thing, so it might be taking up a lot of his time. Don't take the lack of activity to heart, but see if you can help him out a bit. Not only will he appreciate it, but it will allow for you two to get closer and close the gap.

1|0
    0|0
  • It's normal, if he gives way more attention to puppy than to you

0|0
    0|1
  • Girl.. It's a fucking dog. Just learn to love it. 😂

1|0
    0|0
  • You should be in the loonie bin for thinking a puppy stole your boyfriend.

1|0
    0|0
  • Is the puppy female? if so u got a real problem girl😅✌

0|0
    0|0
  • It's normal

1|1
    0|0
  • You have issues

0|0
    1|1
  • Damn, being in competition with a dog...

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes