Girlfriend VS Dog?

I have been with my boyfriend for about a year now, and ever since we started dating he always mentioned how he wanted a dog in his life. I understood the companionship that he wanted with a animal bestfriend and found him a puppy that happened to land on Valentine's Day. It was an amazing deal and knew something like this wouldn't be easy to find again so we cancelled our Valentine's Day date and drove 2.5 hours to pick up the $200 puppy. Since then; they have been inseperatable and best of friends.

Im happy my boyfriend has his four legged best friend but what is happening is I'm starting to get a little bit jealous on my end. Our date for Valentine's Day never happened, no flowers, no card, and our dating stopped all together. Our 4 month planned trip out of city was nearly cancelled as he recieved the puppy 2 weeks before it. As encouraging as I am, i feel a bit kicked up in the dust or the third wheel as you may say. Cuddling during movies as stopped - because the dog lays on him instead, and even all of our dates include the now 15 week old puppy. I am confused how to feel about this and need some sort of advice or opinions on how to behave properly instead of being jealous over a dog.

Is it normal to feel jealous over something so trival? Or should I be in the loonie bin for thinking a puppy stole my boyfriend lol.

210

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, why don't u talk to him about how you feel. Understood, its a puppy dog and they require a lot of attention. But tell him how you feel ie. feeling a bit negelected. Hopefully he'll understand. And if he still chooses the dog over you, then you might want to say good bye.

• Thank you for MHO!

Most Helpful Guys

• Puppies need lots of care, and he's probably focused on that because it's so vulnerable. Offer to do things with the puppy maybe, but tell him you need love too. As the puppy becomes more independent things will change, like a baby growing.

• Honestly, sounds like your boyfriend is neglecting your needs... It's great he sounds to be a caring and responsible pet owner, because puppies sure do need a lot of attention and loving. But maybe he has forgotten that girlfriends do too.