Can they take your kids away?

If in the past u have been diagnosed with a personality disorder... like bpd... narcism... antisocial etc...

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• No they can't take your kids away. When you say " they " are you referring to child services, local child protection agency's like that? Or family members that don't think a person fit enough to care for their children?
    The answer I'm almost certain is no they can't take your kinds away for having any type of mental issue. The way you handle yourself while having a mental issue is what's important, a parent has every right to fail before authorities can get involved.
    Having a mental issue is beyond your control, what you need to have control of is how you act, how you treat your children and things around that, not for the sole reason of a mental issue, absolutely not.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Only if you demonstrate that you're a clear and evident risk to your children's health. So if there are reports of abuse or neglect, it wouldn't definitely be a point against you.

But they won't just take away your kids simply because you've been diagnosed, that's not legal.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• All depends on if they determine the person to be a danger to themselves or others

0|0
    0|0
    • i made that mistake a while ago.. i cleared my feelings to a psychologist and she claimed i have some kind of dangerous personality disorder

• Show All
    • i dont have kids lol hahahaha im talking about future.

• Then this wouldn't be relevant as long as you got the treatment needed to have a clean bill of health.

• Depends if you're a danger to yourself or others nut more often than not no, they won't

0|0
    0|0
  • lol of course not

0|0
    0|0
  • They won't do that just because of that

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on if it is detrimental to the children

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes