Do guys sometimes initially say “let’s start as friends and see where things go” to sound casual when going out with a girl the first time?

Like is it common for guys to ask out a girl or want to go out with a girl and suggest just as friends just to ease the pressure and sound more casual, but they are interested in more than friendship? (Talking about a girl and a guy who do not know each other at all but both are attracted to each other)
  • Yes, sometimes
  • No not really

013

Most Helpful Guy

• Some do. Some use it as an "Im Not into you" cop out as well. Some are trying not to get hurt or in a hurry. It entirely depends on the guy and the situation.