Do guys sometimes initially say “let’s start as friends and see where things go” to sound casual when going out with a girl the first time?

Like is it common for guys to ask out a girl or want to go out with a girl and suggest just as friends just to ease the pressure and sound more casual, but they are interested in more than friendship? (Talking about a girl and a guy who do not know each other at all but both are attracted to each other)
  • Yes, sometimes
    Vote A
  • No not really
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Some do. Some use it as an "Im Not into you" cop out as well. Some are trying not to get hurt or in a hurry. It entirely depends on the guy and the situation.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• In western society women select their mates. Skipping the rest of the Anthropology and Darwinian Biology seminar here one result is that the male must avoid being "friendzoned". This behavior is a sign that he is not attracted sexually to you or there is something else he is keeping from you.

0|0
    1|0
  • I don't date any girl I don't know. There has to be more than just the physical, visual attraction for me to want a relationship. If there were a girl I've met a few times that made a good impression, I would tell her I'd like to get to know her and see if there's something more than the details to start a relationship on.

1|0
    0|0
  • I consider my significant other to be my best friend. I think if you start as friends and then start dating, there is no initial getting to know then phase, you already get along well. I also think that the first 2 months of dating are basically just friendship anyway, getting food, watching movies, talking, all that, then It evolves

1|1
    0|0
  • When I ask this, it is because I want to be your friend and if we ‘click’ we can entertain the idea of dating. So, if you hear this, you know he thinks you might be the one and not just a one-night-stand.

1|1
    0|0
  • It’s kinda unnecessary to say, just let things take its course if that’s how you feel.

Most guys who say this are just tryna fuck.

0|0
    0|0
  • Unless your ugly there's never any intention to bejustva friend

0|0
    0|0
  • He's probably shy and trying to not be to straight forward

0|0
    0|0
  • Only pussy bitch boys do that who are to shy to say what they want.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah because to start for any relationship u need to be friend first

0|0
    0|0
  • They never say. Because everyone knows if 😂

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes if he is a shy fella

0|0
    0|0
  • I never do or have.