Manipulative Pastor, advice?

I am 20 years old and the Pastor of my church is 26... He has been pursuing me (passively) since last August, and I finally gave him a chance this Feb. to go out, the first meet up showed how into himself he was, yet I gave him another chance (hoping he'd change, typical I know), after I ignored him for several weeks/months and he continuously called/texted me I agreed to go on a date with him once again (last chance)... So we went out, and he showed improvement (brought a false version of himself). After we meet up again Sunday night, and it was a COMPLETE 180, we went to his home (nothing sexual) to watch a sports game, and he literally played his video games the entire time, and after he was done, we chatted more and he kept wanting to see my phone and said " I am your leader" , kept talking about how much money he has+his car ( I come from money he doesn't, so I think he's trying to compensate), and how I should feel lucky to be there with him since so many people want my spot (Told him, they can have it)... Now I believe in submission, but I'm not dumb, and he knows that. I think I am going to COMPLETELY cut him off and leave the church. Advice?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah cut him off he is not a good example of how a man of God should be and yes I understand no one is perfect but see there is nothing wrong with him pursuing you but to be honest a true man of God would steadily be trying to work on himself and i mean you guys did nothing wrong with going on a date and what not but it seems like through reading this your not wanting someone who is all about self and conceited instead just pray about it and I'll be praying for you too about it that you have discernment and wisdom hope this helps

1|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I think you already made up your mind. You find it difficult to respect him as a pastor anymore after witnessing this behaviour right? Did you want to destroy him before you go because you find his behaviour repulsive as a man who preaches for god? Then sure do that, you're more than capable.

0|0
    0|0
  • Damn. To tell you the truth... some pastors are the biggest rip off out there.

1|0
    0|0
  • This man is a pastor and he's behaving this way? Well first, see if your church has people that deal with pastors (i. e. pay, hiring, firing, etc). If so, make sure that they're aware of this. If they don't deal with him, they're not doing their jobs. If you don't have this option, you can find another church and warn others about this man. If there are people who can deal with him and they choose not to, they're in the wrong. In those cases, it would be best to find a church with people who care and leadership that behaves in a decent, godly manner.

0|0
    0|0
    • To other readers and the asker, if I'm off on something, feel free to let me know.

• Just go to another n cut him off unless u r looking for sex with him

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe you must stay away. he is not stable character

0|0
    0|0
  • He goes to church so he's a nut case avoid

0|0
    1|1
  • You can get another church. I'd leave.

0|1
    0|0
  • Do what makes you happy.

0|0
    0|0
  • Run away.. Fast...

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes