Does this short guy have short man insecurities?

Met a guy for coffee today. We met online and he is really short. I’m petite and this guy was about 5’5. He was venting how he has basically had no luck online nor in person with regards to dating. Guy is personable, handsome, and very smart. Are women maybe turned off by his height?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah, some girls get turned off by height. I'm 5'4" and had girls tell me I'm too short too. Many more don't care though - and the trouble with guys like him is that they allow it to make them insecure and then complain, and that turns a lot of girls off too - rather than just letting go of it and realising that some will like it and some won't. That's just how it goes.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• A lot of women want a guy who's a lot taller than them. Also not a lot of women would date someone shorter than them. I personally don't have preference to height but I generally like guys near my height, my boyfriend is just an inch taller than me and I absolutely love it. I'm 5'4 and he's 5'5

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Almost all women say they want a tall guy, over 6' (and what blows my mind is it's often a "deal breaker" even for them if he's not!). Or at least, taller than they are. It's shallow in my opinion. Height shouldn't matter at all. Like you said, this guy is personable, handsome, and smart, but I'm sure he's been rejected a lot because of his height alone for sure.

1|0
    0|0
  • Height is usually the first things girls me toon when describing what they find physically attractive. He's probably right.

0|0
    0|0
  • Of course, height plays a huge role for first impressions

0|0
    0|0
  • 5'5 ain't short 4'5 is short I'd say 5'5 was around average.

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe he has short man syndrome

0|0
    0|0
  • He might not even know why

0|0
    0|0
  • napoleon complex

0|0
    0|0
  • He probably keeps a low profile, works under cover and women over look him.

0|0
    0|0
    • Works with only men... could not understand how he could have zero luck?

• Lol... Love this

Recommended myTakes