Is it bad that I have such a high and specific standard for the guys I like?

I literally will only consider someone if they are cute. But they HAVE to have a good personality. Otherwise I’ll disregard them. I’m not being stuck up or anything, but I hate how people say “looks don’t matter” when we’re humans and are physically attracted to what we like. Plus everyone has a different taste. For me, it’s 6 ft tall, nice jawline, preferably lighter eyes, (but brown is adorable too, green is adorable), dark hair, nice nose/bod (abs), must love animals/kids, has to be caring/funny/generous, religious and accepting of other people. Do not tell me I have a double standard, I DON’T. And if you’re going to sit here and tell me that I’m probably ugly , I’m really not in other people’s eyes. And my personality isn’t either. So don’t judge me for having a preference.

1428

Most Helpful Girl

• Nothing wrong with preference or standards, its actually helpful and easier to have a concept of a good partner, just dont get hung up on them.

You may find a guy who meets 7/10 but will be an excellent partner.

Its never black and white, and in fact, its the various shades of black, gray and white that form a true loving bond and attraction.

My only preference are men with dark (or light) longer hair, taller as I am tall or same height.
    Pretty flexible about personality, like him a bit more heartful and emotional.

Im not bound to this though, and have discovered a lot of what I really like in a guy through dating guys outside of them... not holding so firmly to some fairytale perfect man.

He does not exist.

Married couples work through a lot of differences, sacrifices, changes and compromises in love.

You see, our bond in romance is like raw iron.
    We have in mind what item to make, but it requires a lot of work in the forge.
    Lots of heat, distress on the metal, experimenting, beating, grinding etc.

Then it becomes something perfect and beautiful.

Nowadays, a lot of us can't take the forge, so love fails, or we struggle to find a good match, unaware that our own iron nugget is still raw and rigid.

In English lol - dont be tooo picky lol

Im still rolling down the mountain, lookin for some raw nuggets to forge with ha ha

The guy in the picture is just a concept of what I feel strongly attracted to, but Im sure Ill probably end up with a short, short shaved blonde guy, because you just never freaking know lol

Most Helpful Guy

• Nope not bad at all. I don't want to be with an ugly girl. I'd only want a cute one plus she has to have a good personality... lol I myself am not the best looking guy but I'm not ugly at all and I take care of myself. I don't want to wake up to an ugly face. Looks and personality matter to me. I'd rather be single for the rest of my life than be with some ugly chick that I don't truly love.

• I agree with you! It has nothing to do with being stuck up

• Yup it's called knowing what you want and not settling for less.