Being a friend with your crush, does it work? How long it would last?

I know that my crush doesn't like me back, i hint so much that i like him. However it's hard for me to leave him i kep him as a friend
Anyone has been through this situation? Did i do the right thing? I can't move on

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes and no. Yes because you are around that person that you like. Making them laugh and talking to them and just conversing well. And maybe just maybe
    ... they might change their mind and actually take a chance with you. But that's hard. Sometimes that never happens. And sometimes they get with someone else. This is the reason why I also say no. They could get with another person and have you sad, hurt, maybe even jealous. And it will eat u up on the inside knowing that you'll never be with them probably. So when that becomes the case, either you drop the crush or you drop the friendship.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• You should try to spend less time with him for the next few weeks. Physical distance can allow your crush to fade a bit. At least enough for you to ignore them for the most part.

It's not bad to stay friends if you all get along well. Just try to give yourself space to regroup.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I have and we are still friends but I have to keep my heart guarded around her.
    Honestly it is usually not worth it and we are not the same with each other. Both her sister and her don't trust me at all.

0|1
    0|0
  • I know how you feel I used to have a friend that I had a crush on as well and he didn’t like me back. at the time I was really shy and naive so he took that and was like making fun of me for it. After that I just didn’t ever think of having crushes on friends lol

0|0
    0|0
  • Move on if he was interested he would make you aware of it.. you perusing him won't make him like you or form a relationship. and it could actually end your friendship

0|0
    0|0
  • I've been friends with my crush for 10 years. Its soul crushing and eventually you just end up getting used. I would move on before you find yourself in a situation were it's almost impossible to leave.

0|1
    0|0
  • Has happened with me, it is difficult... but keeping yourself occupied will help you cope up easily...
    It took me a few months to get over her...
    Now I'm fine with being friends with her.

0|1
    0|0
  • I've been in a very similar situation honestly its really hard but i think you should really try to let him go because its not fair for you emotionally your playing with your own emotions

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends in most situation no it won't change as u can't force intreast

0|0
    0|0
  • Faithful that's the word we need to think about.

0|0
    0|0
  • It doesn't work

0|0
    0|0
  • It’s okay if you want to distant yourself away from your crush to get over him. You can be friends with your crush. If you wanna move on easily, you can confess to your crush how you feel

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes