Is he weird or nice?

I’ve been casually dating this guy for about 5 months. He is quite a bit older than me (he’s 35 and I’m 20) and we live very different lifestyles. I’m a college athlete and very active and outdoorsy and he is quite overweight and prefers staying inside and playing video games. Because of these factors, I don’t see a future ah him. I have told him this and that I plan on moving when I graduate, but he is absolutely convinced that we will stay together and he will move anywhere for me. He’s a very nice guy and we have good times together, but I find it strange how into me he is after a very short time of knowing me, not to mention that the majority of our relationship is via text because he lives two hours away. All of this came to a head today when he bought me $200 tickets to a music festival in October. This was a very generous gesture, but the festival is across the country and in the middle of the semester. So I would have to figure out plane tickets and hotel costs and miss school and training, which I can’t do. I don’t know what to tell him or how to proceed with this relationship

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• You should let him down easy now since he sees a future and you don't. Stringing him along until you are done with him seems pretty selfish.

0|0
    0|0
    • I’m definitely not trying to string him along. I’ve been abundantly clear with him about my plans after college and how I see our differences getting in the way down the line. He seems to think this will change over time, but i really don’t know

• Well he doesn't seem to be accepting your message or taking it seriously so I would imagine he is going to be pretty devastated when the time comes.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Very weird to buy tickets like that without even mentioning it or trying to plan it out. He didn't consider how it'd effect you, seems like he's living in la la Land picturing a happily ever after with you and you need to snap him out of it, just clean break

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't know what's best for you, but I know I wouldn't date a person who is like this guy, that you just described. Also, he shouldn't have bought you anything that expensive, without telling you first, so you shouldn't feel bad about rejecting them.

0|0
    0|0
  • This... describes my relationship almost exactly.. And.. Thank you for sharing.. I figured out I need to be more within my relationship.. You can't even know how much this little passage has helped me

0|0
    0|0
  • Just tell him how you feel- you appreciate his generosity but it would be a huge inconvenience for you.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd walk away. you're both great people, but very different from one another.

0|0
    0|0
  • You should stop stringing him along.

0|0
    0|0
  • He is weird and nice

0|0
    0|0
  • You do you

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes