Is he weird or nice?

I’ve been casually dating this guy for about 5 months. He is quite a bit older than me (he’s 35 and I’m 20) and we live very different lifestyles. I’m a college athlete and very active and outdoorsy and he is quite overweight and prefers staying inside and playing video games. Because of these factors, I don’t see a future ah him. I have told him this and that I plan on moving when I graduate, but he is absolutely convinced that we will stay together and he will move anywhere for me. He’s a very nice guy and we have good times together, but I find it strange how into me he is after a very short time of knowing me, not to mention that the majority of our relationship is via text because he lives two hours away. All of this came to a head today when he bought me $200 tickets to a music festival in October. This was a very generous gesture, but the festival is across the country and in the middle of the semester. So I would have to figure out plane tickets and hotel costs and miss school and training, which I can’t do. I don’t know what to tell him or how to proceed with this relationship

09

Most Helpful Guy

• You should let him down easy now since he sees a future and you don't. Stringing him along until you are done with him seems pretty selfish.

• I’m definitely not trying to string him along. I’ve been abundantly clear with him about my plans after college and how I see our differences getting in the way down the line. He seems to think this will change over time, but i really don’t know

• Well he doesn't seem to be accepting your message or taking it seriously so I would imagine he is going to be pretty devastated when the time comes.