Have you ever had a crush on someone's brain/intelligence?

Have you ever felt attracted to someone but not necessarily physically? In fact there might be (when consideredon their own) aspects of their appearance you don't find attractive but there's something about the way they think, how their brain works that just draws you in

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Many times 😂 There were two girls on Jeopardy! whose minds turned me on almost instantly. Also two girls I dated were like that. We met when I went to State in academic bowl (which is a lot like Jeopardy!).

0|0
    0|0
    • Yeah I've not idea what state in academic bowl means but i get the sentiment

• It is a school facilitated competition. 4 people per team, one team captain. They have buzzers and compete against another team of 4. There are rounds of 20 questions and they try to answer more than the other team. Which meant the girls were clever little ladies to be competing in it.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm also attracted to my boyfriend's looks very much, but God damn he is smart and it's super hot.

0|0
    0|0
    • But does his smarts enhance his looks?

• I don't know, actually. It's hard to see individual aspects of him and compare which affect which, because I love him as a whole and I have love-goggles on and can't think objectively.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Omg I crushed hard on this mathy guy all throughout college freshmen year. He wasn't know it all and was very happy to tutor and help everyone out.

He wasn't incredibly handsome, but his gentle nature, sharp logic and warmth was just refreshing.

I passed with a B+ ya"ll. First grade in math higher than a "D" lol

He had an adorable girlfriend already so him being off limits was just a cruel slap from nature lol

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah lol. I was friends with this guy in high school who I had zero physical attraction to, although I really enjoyed his company. I suck at math but he was this mathematician wiz. He would sometimes help with my homework and explain it to me in ways that finally made sense. It's weird because I started looking at him as a potential partner after he "enlightened" me.

0|0
    0|0
  • What a woman looks like pales into insignificance if she is intelligent and can hold a decent and logical conversation (even if I disagree with her views).

I have jumped into bed with lots of women that other blokes think are unattractive because I've had a great discussion with them.

0|0
    0|0
    • Yeap I agree whole heartedly. While they might not been considered "attractive" but could have had an amazing smile or a look in their eye while the cogs in their brain are working

• I had a theological discussion in the pub with a woman a few months ago. I'm an atheist and, unknown to me at the time, she is a female CofE priest (she was wearing ordinary clothing).

She invited me to her house to continue the discussion and to try to prove something. We ended up in bed and she could do things a priest shouldn't know about!

• A vicar? There's nothing more attractive even in a completely platonic way than someone who can discuss a topic passionately but be open to both sides of the argument. As an Atheist also I've had some amazing conversations with religious people including a Catholic priest (Irish)

• One of my exes was just brilliant, and that's what attracted me most.

0|0
    0|0
  • Without a shadow of a doubt

0|0
    0|0
  • Not once though.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm in the middle of this situation right now and I don't know why,,,

0|0
    0|0
    • Yeah it happened to me too. Just go with it is my advice after all the biggest erogenous zone is the brain especially for women

Recommended myTakes