People are less enjoyable to be around when they fall in love?

From a 3rd party view People are less enjoyable to be around when they fall in love?
  • It is
  • It isn't
  • I dont know
    Vote C

3442

Most Helpful Guy

• Depends if they like cuckold

3441
  • It is not the same with everyone but usually with my friends they become a little more distant, especially where I and their S. O. don't exactly know each other.

Personally, I don't like relationships partly for that reason, I lose myself and my routine once I get into a serious relationship.

• I think if your a true friend you wouldn’t mind you would be happy if not you are one sorry ass friend what if you was with someone and your friend was single and hated the fact you had someone and made them a third wheel that’s pretty childish and if you hate being a third wheel get with someone And double date

• (2018-05-03) @Nandor; STFU. Thank you

• Your welcome why the question anyway? Lol

• You're* Let me ask you something, if I ask something does that have to be me Im talking about?

• Only if they forget how to behave and be considerate... I personally don’t believe in being in love with someone you don’t know yet, and it takes a couple years for someone to show you who they are, and how that differs from your impressions and feelings, meaning infatuation... it is being head over heels infatuated, which makes people act retarded. Like they are about to get hit by a bus any minute... once they are in love they will watch out for each other and that bus approaching first

• Well, yes. It's human nature to go after your desire, I guess. It's a heart-breaker. 😕

• But a couple super tuning out the world around them, forgetting manners, etc because of their magnetism, is annoying

• In that case I know what you mean and I agree!

• Entirely depends on the person. Some people completely abandon their friends just to be with their partner. Or when they hang out with their friends, all they can do is talk about their partner and how they did this or that. Other people are perfectly capable of maintaining both a relationship and friendships and the same time. I'm one of those people. I actively keep in touch with my friends, even when we're not able to see each other face to face. I rarely talk about my partner with them. Like I don't see why I'd magically have to become this friendship monster that sucks all the joy out of my friends just because I happen to be in a relationship. That doesn't make any sense to me.
    Of course it's natural that your attention will have to shift a tiny bit from your friends to your partner, because your partner automatically becomes a priority. But it shouldn't get to the point where you completely abandon your friends. If the relationship ends, you have no one else to go to except your friends, so the worst thing you could do is disappear while you're in a relationship and then come crawling back when you break up. That would make you a poor friend.
    So to sum it up, it all depends on what choices you make and how you prioritize your relationship vs your friendships. I believe you can balance both.

• It is if they are the type of people to consistently drop everyone else to hang out with only their partber, because it ends up becoming so secondary to keep their friendships alive. Thankfully, in my life that is mostly a high school problem, but I definitely lost friends to them being absorbed in a boyfriend.

• A bit. Since they only think or they always think their boyfriend or girlfriend. They always look on their phones waiting for the call or message of their Bf/Gf. But there are also times when we both have a fun times and we have so much to talk about.

• H8 to say it but yeah it is,
    I have a friend who constantly has relationships and I am always, ALWAYS 3rd wheeling and it makes you feel invisible and you wonder why you are even there so yes, I find it agitating I guess :/

• Let them do what they ought to do. The uncomfortable feeling we get from being a third wheel, for whatever reason, is a message to us that their relationship is somehow something we just let them do by themselves.

You see, there are two views we can look at this: one positive and one negative.

The negative view is the scenario you gave, wherein you feel uncomfortable around them because it:
    a.) Strikes your insecurities.
    b.) Does not give attention to you.
    c.) What was was no longer.
    and etc.

The positive view is when you are happy that they are in love and you fully understand why they concentrate attention to each other, so more or less, you let them do their thing.

This two views are two sides of the same coin; they tell us "Let them do their thing". But the big difference between them is that the negative view is ego-based. When you are happy for a couple, you fully accept that you won't play a big part in their relationship. In fact, you're not in the picture, and you are completely fine with that. You will resign being the third wheel. Remove that from the bike, you will immediately say.

The negative view suggests a lot about you but mostly, it indicates you are attached to an idea.
    Probably, you and your friend once believed that "Bros before hoes" and deep inside, you expect it to last forever but to your frustration, it obviously won't; your friend is in love with someone. This indicates you feel too lonely and you "use" your friend to somehow fill that gap in your heart.

Probably, you are in competition with your friends. You think that you are better if you found a girlfriend first or a wife. But to your frustration, your friend found theirs first, and what makes you more insecure is that it is geniune, and more blessings apparently floods them. This indicates that for some reason, one way or another, you want to esteem yourself, you don't really want a girlfriend or a wife.

Probably, you found yourself in a love triangle. And you hopelessly just had to watch, if you wish good upon your friend and his/her partner you love

To wrap this all up, let them be. And if that is somehow uncomfortable to you, analyze yourself. Because all that's in you, these people don't make you uncomfortable, but you and you alone. And once you realize this, life is nothing more than a really fun and exciting play, with many variables and experiences to experience.

• Some times if one of the people in the relationship is extra clingy and touchy towards the other it gets "gross" where they are always hugging and talking about each other constantly being around that specific person does change someone's personality, but that just means they really do love them or they can't stand to be around them.

• Most people are looking for their life partner. So it makes sense that they would spend more time with them. As a friend you gotta understand that you will be the same. You'll be busy being a wife or husband and possibly having a family. Doesn't mean you forget about your friends. But as a friend you gotta learn to share them and be happy they found love. I've managed to keep some of my childhood friends. But I was never upset when they started a life with someone and I saw them less. Neither did they.

• Thats one way too look at it. I think most guys become toxic because of possible threat

• I don't think they were saying they don't like that they are spending less time with them. Sometimes peoples addittude change when they get into a relationship and they arnt the person you were friends with anymore.

• That is what Im talking about

• I have been a thrid wheel to two of my friends with their bfs. One was cool and instead of acting all lovey dovey, we had fun togother. The other one was well you know, an awkward third wheel where you just wish they would let you go and leave them alone.

• No, it’s not that she’s less enjoyable to be around—it’s like she’s less available. She lets him take up so much of her time, it’s like her friends are on the back burner.

• It depends, if you mean being involved in a love triangle, if yes, it's horrible. If not, meh. If it's my friend, it's ok. I understand people who talk a lot about their crush, because I do it as well! Haha!

• It depends on the couple. If they're unbearable it's their fault you feel uncomfortable.
    I know enough couples with whom so enjoy spending time together.

• I still feel like all your questions are about me😂

• Yeah, only some though like the ones blasting it on social media

i hate couples like this

lolfunnymeme.com/.../99probscouples.jpg

like who cares

• Only when they make their entire identity that they're dating someone now.

• I think it's the exact opposition. I believe people are less enjoyable to be around during a heartbreak. When people are in love, they're usually super happy

• Yes that is true, but it's even more less enjoyable when you are the one they are in love with!

• I spent more time with my current boyfriend we both live in same town then my college friends. i friends on taxi as well. don't be like my ex boyfriend always ask a girl after he been dump that is asshole move.

• The only time I felt like that was when I was single & lonely. So I think if you dislike your friends after they enter relationships, then it’s due to your own insecurities. Those insecurities are probably coming from you feeling envious that you’re not experiencing love too. Which is a normal feeling, but you shouldn’t cut contact with your friends over that. That’s just really selfish, petty, & self-sabotaging.

Once I was OK with being single & I put my own happiness as top priority; that’s when I just stopped feeling envious of others. I focused more on how lucky I really am & less on what my life seemed to be lacking.

• I just dealt with this with my bestfriend and her boyfriend

• I think I am annoying to be around after I met and married my husband because all I talk about is my husband. I know that can be annoying.

• Yes all they want to do is talk about their bf/gf and they want to show picture of them together.

• It is less enjoyable because the couple is clearly more focused on eachother, but its not unbearable.

• I have a couple (they're practically newlyweds) who are regulars at my shop, and they make out on the couch. I think it's lovely!

• so tru, love ruins u and makes a person become even more unbearable & unpleasant to b around and thats a fact

• I love being around people in love it gives me hope

• It makes you feel like a school consoler, how ever I enjoy that.

• When someone falls in love their judgment becomes clouded their personal time just becomes an island void everything is about them and not you know your friend or whoever maybe about themselves it's about them as a couple and is it a bad thing to fall in love no but I think nowadays people treat the cupcake phase as everything involving love and they take a little too far and they spend 24/7 with their significant others at least in the beginning and everything revolves around their significant other is a little Annoying from a third party

• it can be, because the two people are really into each other at the beginning and those who are on the outside might feel left out

• People forget about their friends and can only seem to talk about their partner.

• Yes. They're annoying and stuck up their partner's ass.

• It's not really less enjoyable, it just means that they focus more of their attention to eachother when you hanging out with them.

• I strongly agree with this view.. I've lost a lot of friends who fell in love and then started ignoring 🤣🤣 sad reality

• Yes, it is always tough to be around people with mental illness.

• It's a crappy feeling if you too long for the fellowship of the opposite sex or even the same sex hey it's your life

• Sure, it is. Im happy for him/her bc its my friend/buddy

• True, you feel they're disconnected from you and their mind is focused on someone else entirely

• Dont know... i guess because love is as useful as a dead dog in the road

• It depends. If they become whipped and all they care about is their significant other then yes

• In my opinion loose relationships work best that is just for me tho

• If you’re single as well! When you get a girl though, it gets better!

• In their own way its good. Its sometimes enjoyable to be around people who are more mature

• Only if you're full of envy. Sorry.

• Talking about me?

• Nah, talking in general. People who are annoyed by people in love are generally people who feel bitter because they are single and want a relationship. I've seen this in some of my friends.

• Im that sometimes not all the time

• What losers*cries hysterically *

• Because they are... Happy and giddy? So much hate

• I dont know

• Fun people will always be fun in love or not!

• Love = Enjoyable

Show More
25