Would it be a deal breaker if someone you were attracted to had the same first name as your one of your parents?

Let's just say you meet someone who's cute and interesting, but here's the problem, their name is the same first name as your mom or dad. Would you still date them?

For me, I wouldn't because that'd be too awkward. My Mom's name is pretty rare and yet I matched with a girl with the name as the name. I know, it sounds immature but it's something I couldn't get over.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• No i dont think this would be a problem. Its common here people to have the same names as they are traditional. I picked a man thats a copy of my dad and has the same nickname as me... :D

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I would just call her by a nickname, because it's not like I call my mom by her first name anyway so a shortened version or cute nickname could work for me

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Well it wasn't a deal breaker for my mother. My stepdad and my maternal grandfather have the same first name. My uncle's girlfriend has a very similar name to my mother's too. I personally wouldn't be bothered by it.

0|0
    0|0
  • It wouldn't deal breaker, I'd be glad to have a crush who has same first name as my dad lol

0|0
    0|0
  • Not at all.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes