What would you do if your boyfriend ran a dossier on you?

So my boyfriend and I have been dating for about five months now. We had a unique situation when both our mothers were in town at the same time so we had a get together. I noticed how his mom was asking very personal questions of my mother and myself. A few days later, my boyfriend confessed to me that he put his mom up to asking us personal questions so that they could know as much as they could about us. His mom is a lawyer and she apparently dug up courtcases on me from my parents.

I feel pretty violated. I expected this type of behavior from his mom bc parents are protective but I´m livid. My boyfriend said that he was trying to find an excuse for him not to commit to me (as in, moving in with me) and now that he realizes that I was telling the truth this entire time, he wants to work on committing to me so that we can move in. His mom apparently got too involved and promised not to interfere again which is concerning. I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT TO THINK. How can I move past this? I do love him but I feel like this is unacceptable. I have done nothing that would lead him to believe that I can´t be trusted. I´m loyal, respectful, and loving of him. Why would he do this? What is he playing at?

01