Does anyone else find Tinder sucks in your location?

I’ve decided to get back onto Tinder then I remembered my hometown has the second highest rate of teen pregnancy in the country and being on the border with the States means that a lot of Americans pop up, so far I’ve had much better luck in the UK than here.

112

Most Helpful Guy

• I would say Tinder sucks in general, because of the quality for quantity trade-off. Also, the problem is that the ratio of men to women online is very lopsided, although it is much better than it was back in the 1990's, I can tell you that from personal experience. I remember befriending a lady I met online back then. Yes, I was friendzoned, but I learned something from her.

Many evenings visiting her place, she would show me how when she logged on to WebPersonals (the first of the online sites, now called lavalife. com), her Inbox was *bombarded* with messages, and there was typically at any given time of day or night about a 10:1 males:females ratio. So I considered myself lucky I got as far as I did.

In 2018, it is much better, say a 2 to 1 ratio. But that still means lopsidedness, and if the woman you are trying to contact is stunning, then lower those odds even more!

Often women are being bombarded with messages (or even more common and far worse, "likes" or right-swipes) and your interest in her is lost on the bottom of the pile.

What to do:

1. Seek out websites where people have to type descriptions of themselves and / or answer questions about themselves. "Swiping left or right" just is not enough.

2. You might even try portrait studios, or really good friends to phone camera you, to get a photo of yourself that looks better than an awkward "selfie" with your long arm or one of those pole mounts stretched out.

3. You have to actually *send* messages. Even something as simple as "Hi! Care to meet?" is much better than just "liking" her. Mere Liking is not enough, she is getting bombarded with message greetings as it is, and won't eve notice her likes. This means:

4. You need to actually PAY for the service. Then you get confirmed message receipts and deliveries, as well as have more options in your searching. The "FREE" sites are only *really* free for the ladies (see lopsided ratio point above).

5. Try dating websites structured around a common interest. Now there will be a lot fewer women on these sites, but there is a quality for quantity trade off. The women on more specific dating sites based upon a specific activity interest will be more serious, although consider that they too are being bombarded with attention (see above).

Most Helpful Girl

• Not sure if this are any better but I’ve heard YouTubers talk about bumble and Omegle