Guys, Guys Ptsd?

Why would my boyfriend after eighteen months tell me he has ptsd now, but at the start of the relationship he told me he had only anxiety? It could have given me more insight about some of his needs until things has become overwhelming to him in the relatiomship.

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 3

• PTSD has become over played and arbitrary. Usually short term.
    Because of my experiences with said population, I generally associate it with a cry for attention. There are exceptions, though, but i never bet on it.

Make him feel supported and adequate some how. Red flags if he uses it as a long term alibi.

T. Former Airborne Infantry medic/civilian paramedic.

0|0
    0|0
    • Thanks. I waa planning to offer support.

• Post traumatic stress disorder is usually linked to a specific event. Most of the time we associate it with troops in high stress combat situations or troops exposed to exposions. It can manifest in other ways though. For me I was unable to stop on a wet day and I rear ended another driver. Ihad dreams about not being able to stop for months and that could be a very mild case of ptsd. It faded over time and I'm fine now. For some that have it more extremely however they may have a hard time not thinking about and reliving the experience. They may manefest images from the events like see blood on their hands etc...

Best if you ask if he's comfortable talking to you about it and go from there. You might also suggest seeing a counselor or being his support at the counselor. Depending on how extreme it is it could effect your relationship negatively so be ready for that.

I hope he has a mild case and that he's open to therapy.

0|0
    0|0
  • Your asking a question without knowing any background. Maybe you got fat I don't know...

0|0
    0|0
    • You are crazy. Do not reply if you have no good advice

• Hey you asked why without us knowing either one of you

Recommended myTakes