Is it me, or is it the men I meet?

So, I've been rejected multiple times, but I've also had people confess that they like me. The thing is that I've been rejected more than once, and it makes me loose hope in love more and more. Whenever I do get people that confess that they like me, it always seems to be more sexual rather than actually liking me. It makes me feel awful. It makes me think: "I'm not always good enough. And when I am, I'm only good for sexual things." I feel like I'm doing something wrong and I'm not quite sure what it is.

I've confessed my feelings before, but that just scares guys away. I try to let them come to me, but they never come to me. I've tried dating sites, but they don't actually work. I just can't seem to catch a break! I'm 23 and I'm not getting any younger. I'm getting closer to the ages where I'm gonna settle down, but I feel like I'll never have anyone to do that with because I just keep getting rejected or looked at as a sex object. I just don't know what to do.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I can relate, I still feel like this at times. But I say get to know yourself better find ways to boost your confidence. And remember guys our age aren't looking to settle down so there's a higher chance of meeting a guy that wants a lay then to walk you down the aisle. The more you bare this in mind the less personal you'll take it and the more tests you'll put then through to determine if they are short term or long term.
    But just so you know some of those short terms could be a potential long term.
    Don't let someone else's behaviour affect how you think and feel about yourself.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Well stressing won't make it better, you are saying things that are stating my point, dating sites is mostly full with a bunch of horny bastards, usually true love is found on the most unexpected places, it would come and you wouldn't know until it happens, you aren't a sex object because you have something sex objects dont, choice, you can say no, a dildo can't it will be used lol

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Yea, you might need to lower your expectations on guys and settle with slightly below your self-proclaim deserve guy. Also, find the one with good heart or one that unlikely to cheat on you. Better yet, one that would adore you and think he undeserve you under normal logic.

0|0
    0|0
  • You are meeting the same men the women around you are meeting. How are they doing?

0|0
    0|0
  • Ohhhh you are fine... life not over by a long shot.

1|0
    0|0
  • Looks like you're dating too high. Try to go for a guy that isn't an alpha male. Plenty of shy guys/average looking guys would love to date someone.

0|0
    0|0
  • I am going to guess that you have sex with a guy pretty quickly?

0|0
    0|0
    • No, I'm actually a virgin.

• Show All
    • Okay, any others?

• Yeah, but I'm not explaining that situation.

• Im more impressed that a pit bull can write a post than i am upset at your lack of fortune. Maybe try going to some high end dog parks?

But seriously, most younger people these days suck at communicating. Especially when it comes to emotions. What i would do is make a list of the characteristics you want in a partner and then find out where those kinds of guys would normally be. Then work on yourself to make you the best version of yourself possible and just talk to people. Dont try to rush into a relationship, just enjoy the journey.

0|0
    0|0
  • I too have the same problem didn't able to find the girl can u help

0|0
    0|0
  • You ask guys out? That's awesome! I wish more girls would do that.

0|0
    0|0
  • U didn't meet ur Mr perfect

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes