Are you excited for the new Facebook Dating service?

• Yes
  • No

5292

Most Helpful Guy

• Eh. I'm cautious about the idea. I would have to trust the service more than my (very limited) trust already goes. Most of my basics are fake. Birthday is close, but not dead on. Name is different.

Personally, I'm using it mainly for business. I'm already kind of uncomfortable at times with things I've shared, and I don't share a lot of super personal stuff as is.

The thing is, I'm not really meeting that many women (or single women, for that matter). I work by myself most of the time, so finding women my age doesn't really happen. Other teachers on occasion, but nothing to where we can even really get to do much past "small talk."

If I want to date, I'm probably going to have to move out of state (same with getting a decent job in my field), and/or figure out online dating and (and how to get an extra $70 a month to pay for all that rejection), or give up completely on dating (and I'm not a fan of that option).

And... it's Facebook... I'm not a fan of all those "data breaches" and "misuse of technology" issues. the "scientific studies" where they constantly adjust and tweak "who sees what." or purposely shove some political view into your feed.

I can't get my posts out to my so called fans, and people think that Facebook is going to make it free to just contact any single people? That it won't conveniently "bleed" into the regular profile? Or they won't try to "push" certain people (unless you pay us, you only see older women or someone with a vastly different political leaning!)

No.

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, I'm not single so I'm not very excited. Fun to see if people use it, though.