Are you excited for the new Facebook Dating service?

Are you excited for the new Facebook Dating service?
  • Yes
    Vote A
  • No
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|2

Most Helpful Guy

• Eh. I'm cautious about the idea. I would have to trust the service more than my (very limited) trust already goes. Most of my basics are fake. Birthday is close, but not dead on. Name is different.

Personally, I'm using it mainly for business. I'm already kind of uncomfortable at times with things I've shared, and I don't share a lot of super personal stuff as is.

The thing is, I'm not really meeting that many women (or single women, for that matter). I work by myself most of the time, so finding women my age doesn't really happen. Other teachers on occasion, but nothing to where we can even really get to do much past "small talk."

If I want to date, I'm probably going to have to move out of state (same with getting a decent job in my field), and/or figure out online dating and (and how to get an extra $70 a month to pay for all that rejection), or give up completely on dating (and I'm not a fan of that option).

And... it's Facebook... I'm not a fan of all those "data breaches" and "misuse of technology" issues. the "scientific studies" where they constantly adjust and tweak "who sees what." or purposely shove some political view into your feed.

I can't get my posts out to my so called fans, and people think that Facebook is going to make it free to just contact any single people? That it won't conveniently "bleed" into the regular profile? Or they won't try to "push" certain people (unless you pay us, you only see older women or someone with a vastly different political leaning!)

No.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, I'm not single so I'm not very excited. Fun to see if people use it, though.

2|3
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• 2 billion users but I think most of the members that use this service will be over 40. All the young people are on snap chat and Instagram and probably won't be like OH hey let me get back on FB to date. Probably not going to happen.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm interested to see what it's going to be like but I know I'm not going to use it. I already use Facebook as little as possible and a dating service is definitely not going to change that. I think Facebook is getting desperate.

0|1
    0|0
  • If they can find a way to offer something new in the market, it could be interesting. If someone could find a way to even out the large gender disparity in online dating, now that would be something for people to get excited about.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope lol.

0|0
    0|0
  • Watch this space - 1 week in there will be a 4:10 ratio of girls to guys, 2 weeks in there will be Facebook dating horror stories written up, 3 weeks in there will guys posting that the service is shit because the hot 10/10 girl didn't message their 3/10 ass back and 4 weeks in most people will be back on Tinder.

2|4
    0|0
  • You know I think it’s quite a curveball when you think about it.

Personally I think it’s going to cause problems with people’s relationships like people getting paranoid with there partners going on Facebook thinking they could be talking to someone else with the dating app.

I could be wrong but I just think it could cause problems.

On the good side of it it’ll give more single people out there more hope of finding someone.

1|0
    0|0
  • I honestly think it's one of the dumbest things happening this year. Dating sites already revolve around materialism and narcissism and they're not even social media (I guess...) - so now implementing social media into finding love? I wonder what could go wrong...

1|0
    0|0
  • I didn´t even know that they were about to start such a service, but if it is as great as facebook was when it started and slowly started to overtake orkut, then i think it would be great and i for sure would give it a try if i was interested in finding someone.

0|0
    0|0
  • Online dating seems like a hugely saturated market already and I don't see Facebook to be the sort to try some innovative approach to it rather I believe they will just try to leverage their market position offering the same old same old and rely on convenience and familiarity to get the customers

1|0
    0|0
  • Not even in the slightest.. I hate Facebook enough as it is and I don't even have a Facebook account so I can only imagine how much more I'd hate it if I did have one let alone was using it for dating.

0|0
    0|0
  • This could be interesting. But if its like the other dating sites up to this point, nothing will happen, everyone on dating sites will continue to be obvious or cocky. Still there is a chance something useful will come of this.
    As it is I'm single and all the other dating sites so far haven't done anything for me. So I'd give Facebook dating a try.

0|0
    0|0
  • Lol are you serious?

It's interesting because I think you would know for sure everyone is real. Dating sites has its fair share of fake accounts.

However I still think online dating is a blatant waste of time for men and an endless buffet for women.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think the only thing facebook can offer that dating sites can't is the possibility that you have shared acquaintances. This could be a good or bad thing. The potential date can ask about you and get a good referral, or all your nad dating habits will be known to your friends lol. Also, I think it reduces the creep factor a bit, and married/taken people won't be able to change their status to single without getting into trouble. We shall see how it goes, I may try it.

0|0
    0|0
    • Sounds horrible to me. Why should my circle be able to keep track of my dating habits?

• @cherryphi82 that was the downside. But only if the person is in your circle or just outside it. But the fact they can ask about you is the only benefit facebook would have in dating pretty much.

• Tbh, no. There's already fb dating, people sending a dm... I think that fb creeping has a bad reputation, so, this service will start off shaky too. I'd rather go on a place like OkCupid or something if I wanted to online date.

0|0
    0|0
  • "here is your match, we know they'll fit perfectly because we know all their data"
    This is how I imagine it going 😂

3|0
    0|0
  • No, I'm perfectly capable of finding rejects on my own.

5|1
    0|0
  • Another service to provide me with more opportunities to be ignored by women while providing women with the opportunity to be inundated with requests by men? Outside of the top 15% of men who don't get ignored no-one cares.

0|1
    0|0
  • I didn't know there was one...

When did that happen?

4|1
    0|0
  • I have just heard about now! Now wonder what kind of dating service it is although I'm not excited cause I'm already in a long term committed relationship

0|0
    0|0
  • The only possible benefit of using it is that it has the most users over any other platform, but I barely use FB nowadays so nah

0|1
    0|0
  • I am Now. Tell me More in Store. Never heard of this Here, dear. xx

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope it is going to be the same and create even more shallow relationship with immature adults

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm *not* all that keen on using facebook more then absolutely necessary...

0|0
    0|0
  • The knuckleheads who already try to use FB as a dating service will ruin this one immediately.

1|1
    0|0
  • I met my current boyfriend on Facebook. We were talking about when I heard on the news when I was in north wales. it good if work. I don't need any way.

0|0
    0|0
  • Hell no!
    Nothing with which Zuckerberg is associated can be good.
    This will be another data mining screw job.

1|0
    0|0
  • Fantastic another virtual platform to be ignored on. I'll stick to old fashioned going out, like we have for thousands of years.

0|2
    0|0
  • I don't have Facebook and I'm already in a relationship. So no.

0|1
    0|0
  • 2 minutes of silence for who they think it will work because half of girls profile are fake made by boys😂😂😂😂

1|0
    0|0
  • Not at all. If I wanted a dating app I’d get tinder or
    Something.

0|0
    0|0
  • I use Twitter and the rule is you're either one or the other.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't and won't date anybody either way, so it's redundant and irrelevant to me.

0|0
    0|0
  • That entirely depends on how it will work and what features it will and will not have.

0|0
    0|0
  • Fck these spies, last thing I need is them snooping on my love life.

1|1
    0|0
  • Is Facebook really that desperate to stay relevant?

3|0
    0|0
  • Deleted my Facebook a while back so no. Online dating is kinda shitty anyway.

2|1
    0|0
  • Odds are it's going to suck like the rest of dating apps. At least the vast majority.

0|0
    0|0
  • Never heard of it. Then again I don't use Facebook much anyway

0|0
    0|0
  • Never heard of it. How does it work? Would people like friends and family be able to see what you’re doing?

0|0
    0|0
  • Facebook can't be trusted with my data, what makes Zuck think Im going to trust FB with dating?

1|0
    0|0
  • Haven’t heard of it and don’t care. I wouldn’t use it

1|0
    0|0
  • The FB is the top social media sites , even if the 10% will respond it will more than the other social medias.

0|0
    0|0
  • Curious, perhaps, but not so much "excited". At my age, it akes a bit more to get me spun up... ;)

0|0
    0|0
  • I personally think that facebook isn't the best provider for any kind of dating service. There's other sites & apps that are way better!

0|0
    0|0
  • I haven't heard anything about it. Pretty sure I won't use it.

0|0
    0|0
  • If I hook up with someone on this dating service, would our sex be a threesome with Zuckerberg involved?😂

0|0
    1|0
  • I have a boyfriend that I plan on marrying so no lol

0|0
    0|0
  • I haven't heard about it. But I'm a firm believer that you should go out and meet people in person instead of using dating services.

0|0
    0|0
  • I didn't even know about this... I don't care, I guess? Lol

0|0
    0|0
  • nope, dont care or even know about it. But since you brought it up, I'll check it out.

0|0
    0|0
Show More

Recommended myTakes