Do you have any tips when talking to a guy?

This is my first time talking to a guy I met at a party. We just started face timing and I get so nervous. I even told him I'm awkward lol. My issue is, I don't want to get played since it's only the talking stage. He told me that girls always try to be around him and that's why none of his relationships have worked. Should I just keep it as friends and not push it? or Talk to him and see where it goes?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Definitely talk to him and see where it goes. For conversations start by asking questions. It can be simple things like how was work/school, have you seen a particular movie, who’s your favorite band/artist, do you like art, can you believe what happened today in the media? Things like that. And don’t be afraid to start a conversation by telling him something about you or that you did or like and then let him respond with the same. So in short, go for it and good luck! 🙂

1|0
    0|0
    • Thankyou! This helps so much. I want to keep him talking so this works lots

• I’m glad it was helpful. If it works and you’d like more conversation ideas let me know.

Most Helpful Girl

• people, in general, love to talk about themselves :) So when he asks you a question try not to give one-word answers, and afterwards you can ask him the same question

Most of the time I just try to get to know the guy. Just talk and see where is goes, don't put too much pressure on it. Talking to him, or even going on a date does not make you obligated to do anything you are not comfortable with.

1|0
    0|0
    • OOOuuu okay ask him the same questions! I can do that because it takes me forever to figure out what to say

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Just be yourself and talk about anything that comes to mind. "Like cool party huh" . I was really shy in junior high, I thought that I should agree and like everything that the girls said or liked, boy was I wrong. Just be yourself and remember a simple hello can be the icebreaker, if the guy likes you, he will take it from there.

1|0
    0|0
    • Yeah letting him take the lead would be easier. I tend to want to control the conversation so it doesn't go left ha! Thankyou

• Just talk and see where it goes. That is the best thing to be honest because it wouldn't be good to start dating off the bat then realizing later that y'all don't match up that well. Hopefully this helps in some way :)

1|0
    0|0
    • So would it be awkward to ask him if he's a player? Yes he has lots of girl friends. equal to his guy friends, but i really dont want to get into any drama or worse feelings hurt

• If you feel like it would help prevent drama it hurt feelings the do it. There's nothing wrong with asking a question like that

• Great! I'll try to ease it into conversation without seeming nosey. Thankyou!

• This is a very broad question. So Ill just say, be you. Say what you wanna say. Dont come on too strong or too soft (confusing I know) but mostly just say what you want. It'll work if it's supposed to. If not, there's 7 billion other people in the world.

1|0
    0|0
  • Start with just small talk and then test the water a bit more by say mentioning things you like dislike body language is useful to see his reaction.

2|0
    0|0
    • I tease him but thats the only way i can get emotions out of people to laugh. He tries mentioning flirty things but i dismiss them because I've never been romantic with a guy

• Go with the flow then and the first see were it takes you

• Ask him what he wants from life, dreams, any plans etc. I love girls when they ask me that type of questions.

1|0
    0|0
    • I love this! That would help me understand him and see if we're a fit. Thankyou!

• Just keep getting to know each other first and try to get a date out of it and then let the feelings take over

1|0
    0|0
    • I can tell he wants to take me out, but I think he's trying to feel me out which makes me even more nervous! i dont know how to be serious. i'm a goofball and i treat my friends the same

• Show All
    • Awww I never thought of it that way. Mabey we can workout together then get food. Nothing spectacular. He thinks I'm funny so I can do that to take the ease off us both. Thankyou!!!

• Talk to him and get to know him a little better. After that, you can decide whether or not you want to start dating him and then tell him what you decided.

1|0
    0|0
  • Go slow know about him n give him a chance if he is a good guy

1|0
    0|0
  • It's always good to start off with small talk. See what he likes and build off of that. And believe me, if he's not an asshole, compliments go a long way. Let me know if this helped

1|0
    0|0
  • Be interested about his life ask many questions and flirt.

1|0
    0|0
  • If that's you in the profile picture then a dab of makeup couldn't hurt...

0|0
    1|0
  • Just talk to him, be awkward, be you, don't try to be anything you are not.

1|1
    0|0
  • Talk to him. See where it all goes. To reduce you nervousness just tell yourself "he'll stop talking to you at the Max".

1|0
    0|0
  • 2nd idea is best. Just wait if he is thinking the same he will talk to you and then if you feel comfortable and go ahead. Just see where it goes.

1|0
    0|0
  • If you're interested in him then see where it goes. Don't be gun-shy and maybe even take a few risks... who knows it could go somewhere

1|0
    0|0
  • See how far he's willing to take it.
    Run tests occasionally

1|0
    0|0
  • Aw you're cute! Be your charming self! Focus on others to overcome your doubts

1|0
    0|0
  • Go to him say what you want to say and turn back and wait for reply

1|0
    0|0
  • Just be Yourself. That is what will get you your goals. at least psychologically.

1|0
    0|0
  • Just be you , dont be fake or lie. Guys are people , that being said take it slow watch how he is listen to what he says. Relationships usually dont work out not because girls are trying to be around him but because the ladies probably feel like he is not trying to be in a relationship he could be lying. Just keep that in mind when talking if he trips up or has a hard time explaining things about other females in his life unless they are related to him he has the player mentality. Stay at a distance until he proves himself to you his intentions will come out.

0|0
    0|0
  • Don’t just give him one word answers

2|0
    0|0
  • Be yourself

1|0
    0|0
  • Stay calm and find similar interests

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes give me a call and we will talk about it.

0|1
    0|0
  • Don't talk jus suc him off

0|0
    1|0
  • Be yourself! Guys. are just as nervous believe me!

0|1
    0|0
  • Talk with him strightly

1|0
    0|0
  • Just be u no games

0|0
    0|0
  • talk to him and see where it goes

0|0
    0|0
  • Just be normal