Guy reached out a week after first date-worth pursuing?

This guy I met last week just texted me. I have a gut feeling he’s shy (maybe self esteem issues). But I liked him. Question-should I respond? Friend said I should ask him why he took so long?

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• If you like him might as well respond

1|0
    0|0
  • You should respond

1|0
    0|0
  • What was the text? If he says "hi, how are you?" and that's it, you should reply something like 'I'm good grandpa" if he asks you why you call him like that. You can say "It took you some time to send me this message :-) "
    That's just an example. Don't say "what took you so long?" . Basically don't be super agressive or super nice either.
    See what he's gonna give you. If only gives a little, just a give a little back if the guy interests you still.
    But really, ask yourself first if you are interested...

1|0
    0|0
    • Good one! Think the grandpa response would scare him. Yes, he asked how I was doing and inquired about an upcoming event I mentioned this coming weekend. I like him so if we see one another, will ask him what took him so long?

• You don't need to use the grandpa stuff. It's more an example to show you you can make fun of it. Asking bluntly what took you so long feels desperate. I have male friends who whenever they got a girl who say that take it as a "she loves me already, I can make her wait, she will be mad but she's got me under her skin already". Gotta know your own standards and don't be afraid to "scare" a guy. They're stronger than they seem ;-)

Recommended myTakes