Sick of seeing the friend I fell in love with. What the hell should I do?

Almost year ago I fell in love with one of my best friends... And I don't know if I am the wrong guy for her, but I definitely know I am coming in at the wrong time. She's made it very clear she isn't interested in dating anyone for at least a few years. I was going to ask her out a few months ago, but than she started talking a lot about how much of a brother am I to her and she made a really socially awkward joke about how little she was into me. For most girls I might have still considered asking her out, but we have friends for too long, I care for her too much, and I am way to close to our mutual friends to risk giving them up. She had a stalker few years ago, so she's got some trust issues with this kinda thing.
Her best friend figured it out and told me that my crush has no idea about this, and I've seen other dudes she was close too respectfully ask her out, and get completely cut out of her life. She's never been the kind of person to play mind games, and she's been giving off consistently obliviously vibes... So yeah, that's that.
The point is, I am sick of seeing her. I haven't been attracted to another girl for like a year now, and every time I see her it hurts. She and all her friends see me as the brother they never had. And I want to be that for all of them... Except her. Every time I see her, I feel bitter. And I am not a huge fan of that.
What should do?

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Your feelings are valid. It's not wrong for you to want to avoid her since she literally reminds you of an unrequited crush. Put in perspective, since you do still care for her and your friends, even though she does make you feel "sick of seeing her", it would be awkward for all of you if you just disconnect yourself from her/them completely.

I've been through something similar in the past, and although it may be tough to get over (it literally took me years), you will get over it when you meet someone a better fit for you.

I respect her clear signals pointing you in the direction of how she feels for you though. It's better than being played only to find that they're not interested, you know what I mean?

It will feel awkward and kind of hurt in the time being. You just need time.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes