Boyfriend nearly tried to stick his hands down my shorts?

Let me explain first.

I've been dating my boyfriend for 7 months. He’s made positive impacts and he’s respected me until this thing he did today. We were at my colleges parking lot. We were just talking about moving out and our family etc. we were having fun. All of a sudden though he puts change down my shirt. It was a button down (the ones that button down on the bottom) I didn’t think it was funny so I told his to stop and it wasn’t funny. He said okay as he laughed and stopped. At this point in the relationship, j don’t mind if he touches my butt. He’s never done it in public though but instead he put his hands down my shorts to feel my butt.

I pulled his his hands out and told him that wasn’t okay either and I didn’t care if there wasn't other people around. (It was nearly empty). He did stop, and we just went on about our convo. After I got picked up, I thanked him for the food and taking me out to the movies and also reminded him to not do that again. He hasn’t responded yet.

My boyfriend usually respects me and knows not to do that in public. Did his brain shrink all of a sudden?

314

Most Helpful Girl

• I think you are overreacting he just felt like doing that in the moment and I think he is hurt too about your reaction
    maybe he thinks doing things like that in public is not a big deal if there is noone around, plus its more exciting yet you reacted like he tried to rape you... talk to him but consider his feelings too

Most Helpful Guy

• He was trying to take the relationship to the next level. Touching your boobs or butt. Being a man he is horny. Sometimes we dont think things all the way through. You need to explain that you felt uncomfortable with that. Explain what you are fine with. If you dont nip it in the bud he could escalate to touching your v.

• I understand that. weve had sex already. I’m horny too
      I just figured that in public is an automatic no? he's even said that to me so I was condfused and alarmed

• He must have forgotten that public is out of bounds.