What do girls think of a guy who has such a strong devotion and passion, but mightily struggles to get to a life goal?

I'm a 22 year old single guy who has never been on a date in my life and I'm also nowhere close to graduating college. I'm in a very difficult major and I just took a class for the 4th time, and im concerned that i failed it again and it may be difficult to be able to take the class for the 5th time. I'm striving to get a degree in something that I've wanted to do since early middle school (I'm not going to say what because I want to preserve anonymity). This class is one of 2 classes that people say "if you can get through these you'll get through the major" in terms of difficulty level. Anyways, is my lack of success something that is preventing me from being considered "boyfriend material", or is my passion and devotion despite my struggles be something that would be noticed?

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 2

• Not necessarily if anything most women like to see men who strive and want to do well in life. I'd say it's definitely something attractive. But also if you're one to pay all your attention towards your future some females may see that as if they dated you you'd spend more time on your work rather than them. In your situation I think it will have to be all about balance and showing you an devote your time to those that need it

0|1
    0|0
    • If I'm in a relationship with a girl who likes my shear determination, she will help me get through life. Life is hard and sometimes I feel like having a girlfriend would help me manage my time better, so in terms of the time devotion issue, that could be an issue, but if she helps me get through my stressful life, I'll be able to make time for her

• If you think that having a partner in your life will help you then, yeah go for it, find someone that will take you as you are knowing what you want in life and so on. and that is good that you know that you will be able to make time for her and i agree, her helping you get through is all will allow you to have time for her as a relationship is not one sided

• It really depends on the specific girl's values. If she prioritizes passion and going for your dreams no matter the struggle, she will honestly adore your drive for your goals. But if her family has always been the closest to her, then in most cases parents (esp. moms usually) point out the importance of job stability and being able to take care of their daughter above all else. From experience, my mom has told me against going out with a guy I was curious about, because he had graduated years before me, but was still without a stable job.

There's no cookie-cutter mold for tastes and what we find attractive. Chances are, you're pretty busy with school but think that having a partner would be pretty great too. If you haven't had any luck yet, you might just not have met the right person yet.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes