How much do looks matter?

In a partner (relationship, one night stand or marriage depending on what you prefer/are currently in)
  • Looks are all that matter, I dont care about anything else.
    Vote A
  • Looks are mostly what matter, they are the most important aspect
    Vote B
  • Looks matter equally to personality
    Vote C
  • Looks don't matter much but I would not date someone who was unattractive
    Vote D
  • Looks don't matter and I would date someone slightly physically unattractive who had an amazing personality
    Vote E
  • Looks are irrelevant to me in a partner
    Vote F
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• It's difficult to compare looks and personality side to side. Looks is all that matters when deciding who to get to know in that way, because you don't know their personality. But if they have a shitty personality when getting to know them, it's not going to become a relationship. I guess it could be said they are equally important, but in different stages. In the long run the personality is what matter, but initial attraction is based on looks.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• For men looks equal first attraction period. That is how we are stimulated.. by looks. For women looks can be important too but if the guy has no sense of humor or important qualities that they are looking for than looks really won't matter in the end. I think guys would settle for JUST LOOKS.

0|0
    1|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Of course looks matter equally to personality. If a man looks good but he has no personality and I can't have a conversation with him then this is a lost cause. If I get along with him but there's no attraction, this doesn't go anywhere neither.
    Let's not be hypocrites, look is the first thing we are attracted to when we met a person, we don't see the personality in the first minute.

0|1
    0|0
  • The most casual relationships I have are friends with benefits and the most serious are dating. So for dating looks don't matter very much I'd say 75/25 personality to looks
    For fun it's 50/50. I don't like putting numbers to it though lol
    If I'm not attracted to someone, and I can't get aroused by them then any intimicy is tough. Otherwise, it doesn't matter

0|0
    0|0
  • For me they matter a lot. Don't take that to mean there are these super high standards that no girl could reach, I love average looking, girl next door, sort of plane ladies. The point is I have to be attracted to her for things to click. If there is no physical attraction than we would be dealing with a "friends only" situation. There are no super standards to live up to but I do have to have physical attraction for romance/dating/love to be a possibility.

0|0
    0|0
  • There has to be something that is attractive about them.. for example their demeanour, their eyes or their smile. Decent teeth is a must! Getting to know them and realizing they have a mint personality and warm heart is a bonus that makes that person all the more attractive. If I don't find someone attractive at all then nothing happens!

0|0
    0|0
  • I think both looks and personality matter. looks create chemistry but also personality can change the flavor. a handsome guy who treat me bad or an average looking guy who is warm and make me feel comfortable in his company.. of course both looks and personality is the best option if you like his looks and also can be yourself around him.
    I don't think it is a black and while answer here , but your own acceptable shade of grey ! I hope I am making sense !

0|0
    0|0
  • For men, looks are not really important. We are more interested in a woman's personality and who they are. For most women, looks are the only thing that matters

0|0
    1|1
    • I don't think that's true

• Show All
    • I think looks are tied to personality. Sure if a guy's in beast mode and just wants to get his noodle wet (or a woman is looking to get her leaks plugged) looks are all they focus on, but in most other circumstances personality is a large part of it.

There's a woman I use to know, the first time I saw her she was more beautiful than any woman I had seen on TV or the movie screen. But time went on and I got to know her. Her features haven't changed, but now I can't look at her without the same level of revulsion that I get from looking at this nasty old woman who never showers, goes around in clothes covered in stains, and keeps her hair in constant tangles (she's not homeless or developmentally disabled, just lazy) that I know.

In high school there was a guy universally considered to be ugly. I even heard teachers, when they thought they were out of earshot of the students, make jokes at his expense. But I got to know him, and started to think he was handsome.

• Sounds like you are a rare exception Tiffany

• Looks and personality are just as important as the other. Either could break it. Take for example if someone has the looks but you don’t get along personality wise how long do you think you will last before you call it quits. Who wants to put up with that. And it shouldn’t just be the first person you see that you are attracted to. It should be more then that.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm more into personality, really. And looks are just looks. If someone is truly special to you, you won't be bothered by that at all.

1|0
    0|0
  • For a sucessful realtionship, there are 3 building blocks,
    1. Emotional attraction which can be achieved through peraonality
    2. Logical attraction which means that they are in a place in their life to have a partner
    3. Sexual attraction which means that raw desire to mate
    I personally think they are all equally important

0|0
    0|0
  • Looks make you approach, personality makes you stay. If looks didn't matter they wouldn't ask for a picture in your curriculum.

0|1
    0|0
  • Looks matter just as much as personality. Looks what gets you hooked and it's the personality that reels you in.

0|0
    0|0
  • You can never tell what a persons personality at first glance, at all, at most you can tell how much they care about their looks which can lead into how much they care about their health and weather or not they stay in bed and cry 4 days of the week.

0|0
    0|0
  • All depends on you. Looks to me personally matter very little. A fat ass and big tits will grow saggy but a great personality lasts a lifetime.

1|0
    0|0
  • It's equal with personality. A relationship isn't going to last if you're not physically attracted to someone, unless you're asexual lol

0|0
    0|0
  • Looks aren't important, they're the only thing that matters

1|0
    0|0
  • Looks only matter when you're ugly, like me haha just like penis size, only matters to the short guys

0|0
    0|0
  • The simple, biological truth is yes, looks do matter. The difference between being shallow and being genuinely interested in other people is that looks are not the only thing that matter and you are willing to disregard first impressions based of physical appearance.

As for people who "aren't beautiful" I guess you've never heard of "beauty is in the eye of the beholder"! Pretty much everyone is attractive in some way to someone else. Good looks are a matter of opinion: what is attractive to me may not be attractive to you or anyone else.

0|0
    0|0
  • its important to have a good looks but if attitude is shitty then id rather be single

0|0
    0|0
  • If it's a commercial relation only looks matter if it's pure love looks never matter

0|0
    0|0
  • Looks matters only for certain age... So looks not much important

0|0
    0|0
  • Bottom line I gotta be attracted to the person

1|0
    0|0
  • Deeez nutzzzzzzz

0|0
    3|1
  • Physical attraction has a role

0|0
    0|0
  • Equally

0|0
    0|0
  • It really depends on the type of person you are

0|0
    0|0
  • Again,,, looks ignite and personality fuels.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well I have to at least be attracted to them

0|0
    0|0
  • looks are the 1st thing to goto next thing

0|0
    0|0
  • Looks do matter. They matter, but not as much as personality...

0|0
    0|0
  • Somewhat. But it's not a deciding factor.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes