Is it a complete turn off if a girl cannot cook at all?

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• Nope! I would love to help her in the kitchen ^.^ personally, just me being me, I would love it, it means you could try and teach her, you can see her face light up when you cook for her... Or you both can go out and eat on dates more often 😂😂

1|0
    1|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Not a turn off but it could turn into something you and your partner learn together

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Not if she can afford not to learn. My cousin didn't know how to cook and she always had dozens of guys chasing after her - she was filthy rich and ate at 4 star restaurants every day.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes , that means she's a fast food girl lol

Cooking isn't even hard tho. There are simple meals everyone can make.

1|0
    1|0
    • I know how to cook but hardly ever do. And i dont eat fast food so no ur theory doesn't apply to everyone

• Show All
    • I eat at nice restraunts, no fast food period.. or have meals sent to my home

• Ahh the best thing you can make is a reservation 😛

Hey if you're rich enough to buy food. Good for you.

• Yup. Because its an important skill that you need in your life. Not everybody can eat at a restaurant everyday. Most people cook for themself.

0|0
    1|0
  • Yes. But not because it's "woman work". Because it's a basic skill everyone over should have at least a base understanding of. One of many things I'd say all PEOPLE need to be eligible as a viable person, partner, or parent.

0|0
    0|0
  • No way. Cooking is nice, but not necessary. Sure turkey dinner under starlight on the patio is cool, but so are hot pockets and orange juice on the couch

2|0
    0|0
  • All you need for cooking is to able to read recipes and to able to follow it

0|1
    0|0
    • What if a girl doesn't want to cook?

• Show All
    • Oh I understand now. You are rich

• No im not rich. Far from it but i have the $ to not cook. I dont enjoy cooking. Never have.

• Couldn't hurt to learn, just do it for yourself. I'd feel pretty bad if I couldn't even cook myself a good meal. Let alone for someone I really like.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's a bit of a turn off, because I think sharing the load in a relationship is important. If I'm the breadwinner, I don't want to also be the only person who does the cooking.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would say so, it's a skill that any one male or female should know the basics. I would bet anything the people answering 'no' spend a fortune eating out, which is their choice.

0|0
    0|0
    • I sure do but itsvsomething i enjoy, i love going out to eat and thats my choice, just cuz u dont like it or dont wanna pay doesn't mean others should have 2 be like u

• Never said any of that so perhaps you should read it again. Don't like it? Wrong, I actually enjoy it, on occasion. Don't wanna pay? I didn't talk about paying at all, so don't know what the hell you are talking about. Finally, I DEFINITELY don't want everyone to be like me, life would be pretty damn crazy.

• Nope, although her reasons for not cooking might be. I love to cook, so if she really hates it we might not be as compatible, but it's not a turn off or deal breaker.

0|0
    0|0
  • Everyone most be able to cook... Even the guy, it's a basic fucking human skill

0|0
    0|1
    • I make a mean cup of water

• Show All
    • What a waste of money...

• No its not a waste of $, just cuz its a waste to u doesny mean that everyone thinks that way. I enjoy eating out but your a broke child so i dont fathom for your 2 understand the big world

• Well, cooking basic things is really not that hard. You have to be really un-smart to be one of those burning water people.
    Either that or just clumsy. Clumsy is a forgiveable trait.

0|0
    0|0
  • Absolutely not. I love to cook, and would love it if my SO let me do all the cooking.

2|0
    0|0
  • If she's over 24, then yes, it is a turnoff. You'd think she would've picked up some cooking skills by at least her early 20s.

0|0
    1|0
  • No I love to cook. She'll have other qualities I most like am not good at.

1|0
    0|0
  • No, not a complete one. Tv dinners are too complicated for those that just slow down the survivors though.

0|0
    2|0
  • Food/cooking can be improved if it's bad, as long she cooks something she would eat herself. What I hate is, if the kitchen looks like a mess afterwards

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, that means she couldn’t cook for herself if she was living on her own. I love to cook and would be willing to teach her but everybody should know how to cook some things

0|0
    0|0
  • Everyone-men and women-should be ABLE to cook. Being bad at it or not enjoying it is fine though.

If "I can't cook = I won't even try" then yes. If she'd just rather I cook then that's fine.

0|0
    0|0
  • No dear but every man and woman should learn to cook its not for others it's for him/her. In future he/she have to prepare for difficult conditions. I also cook food and I love that.

0|0
    0|0
  • If she's 30, and she doesn't have the slightest idea how to cook, I would wonder what else has fallen through the cracks over the years.

0|0
    0|0
    • Like what exactly, i think ur opinion is biased. Im a successfull business woman and i pay to eat i dont want to waste my time cookin n cleaning, thats my choice.. i can cook just fine learned when i was 17 but i choose not 2.

• Knowing how to cook, but choosing not to is different from not knowing how. If she legitimately doesn't know, then I'm wondering if her other basic life skills, such as time management, and budget management are up to snuff. Anyway, no shit my opinion is biased: that's what it means to have an opinion, but no, I would not think any less of a woman like you.

• Thank u 4 explaining.

• No, why would it be, I expect that guys know how to cook as well... Wait not many know how to cook... Oh well it was worth a shot

0|0
    0|0
  • No why turn off your are not going to have a Rs for your stomach it only for how is the personality

1|0
    0|0
  • Cooking isn't a big deal and i'm sure that every girl knows how to make a sandwich at least.

0|1
    0|0
  • No. She can easily be good at other things like gaming, arts and crafts, etc.

0|0
    0|0
  • Absolutely not this just means that you get to cook for her then maybe you could teach her some stuff

0|0
    0|0
  • Never... it's not girls responsibility to cook always..

0|0
    0|0
  • According to me, it's not a turn off and some thing to learn newly or work on.

But come on? She can't cook anything at all? That is something most men naturally look forward to or expect some cooking experience from her in a family life/relationship & but most men are afraid to admit it to them because it can also back fire and may trigger the feminism side of a women to revolt.

Remember before, I mentioned to you once, about a I guy & a girl broke up after 18 hours after they started to live in together?

This was one of the reason.. she was just home & literally did nothing or didn't even know how to cook etc & he thought she was crazy for that the she naturally didn't have any inclinations for it, which freaked him out about spending the rest of his life with her lol

0|0
    0|0
    • That is the most ignorant story i have ever heard sounds like 2 immqture kids.. if u love someone u work on things n compromise.. n no not all men expect a woman to cook. Thats stupid

• 🤷‍♂️

• Nope, unless she also is unwilling to pay for take-out haha

0|0
    1|0
  • Nope , not a complete turn off if a girl can't cook.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not at all, girl and boy can learn later on together

0|0
    0|0
  • Not really a turn-off. But if we live together, then she better learn how to cook basic stuff. Because there's no way one person should do all the cooking in the relationship. I know that may have been the case years ago, but this is 2018, where equality (between genders) is running rather rampant - or MAYBE it is. You don't need to be a gourmet chef, but you do need to learn the basics in terms of how to put a pizza or some chicken in the oven or how to cook stuff on the stove-top, like fish. Especially for a 30 year old, you should definitely know how to cook if you've been living alone for any period of time. If you need to, take a cooking course at a local school. So, in other words, know how to read instructions.

0|0
    0|0
    • I really get disgusted with people like you. You automatically assume because someone asks a question it automatically applies to them. I personally know how to cook but i hate it and i can afford to eat out or have catered meals to my home. Can people not ask hypothetical questions without someone being just a plain smqrt eleck tellind me i need to learn how to read. I have a masters degree i think i can out follow any instruction given.

• Well, ex-squeez-ME!!! You asked the question, and I gave my answer. Pardon me if it wasn't to your liking. I figured this could have been a hypothetical question. You didn't have to take it personally, dear.

• Not completely, but a girl who can cook is a huge plus!!!

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, because she should have a few skills before dating any guy.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not a turn off, but its a big plus if a girl can do that

0|0
    0|0
  • Not really but make sure the guy can cook or at least both of you can try

0|0
    0|0
  • We will be eating out a lot but for me, it would be something fun to learn together

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes cause the way to my heart is food

0|0
    1|0
    • Thats gross so a woman can be the best friend, lover u ever had but if she can't cook ur heart is black.. good luck with that mindset i hope a woman puts a high masculaine trait for u to uphold like being the sole provider since u thinking cooking is a feminine required duty.

• No, it means we can order pizza more lol

1|0
    0|0
  • Nah it isn't a turnoff. Some girls just can't cook

1|0
    0|0
  • NO i love to cook so my woman doesn't have too

2|0
    0|0
  • Kinda hot actually

2|0
    0|0