Guys would you be intimidated by a woman with a masters/doctorate degree that was very successful? Do you feel she is out of your reach?

• Yes
    Vote A
  • No
    Vote B
  • Results
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• If she has a masters or doctorate the guy shouldn’t be intimidated , if he wanted it he would have gotten one as well, I’m pretty sure real men wouldn’t feel intimidated by an intelligent woman

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Nope I would be happy for her and support her any which way I can cuz I know she has a hard job so I would do my best to comfort her

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• If you have a phd you have options - guys will be swarming to you like bees to a honey comb.

0|0
    0|0
  • This woman that's a friend of my friend has a masters and is a pharmacist. She wonders why men won't date her, it's because she's fat and ugly. Most of these women don't know how to be attractive.

0|0
    2|0
  • No but generally a woman with something like that either already has a man or is married to her career.( same with men btw) so it is difficult to broach the topic. There are men out there who would feel threatened by it. But quite honestly if they are they need to man up, so to speak, and do better.

1|0
    0|0
  • Succes had nothing to do with reach. It's the personal things that make someone available to you or not.

0|1
    0|0
    • What do u mean by that can u explain

• It's someone's personality that you fall in love with and reversely makes you open up to someone else.
      Unless you are the kind of person who only lives for your success and career you will be open to anyone who captures your heart.
      I don't have a masters or doctorate, but I know several women who do. These are down to earth women who are well in my reach so I'm not naturally intimidated by credentials because I focus on the person.

• My bf's not intimidated with my MA degree as he also has one and we are working towards PhD, I think if they have similar educational background they wouldn't

1|0
    0|0
  • Nope, i dont know why women constantly asking this question, i honestly dont see any reason why would i be intimidated by that

0|1
    0|0
    • I ask because i have a lot of friends who r single and it seems as though people dont approach her as much when they find out she is a pediatrician

• Show All
    • no i dont mean to say that you are lying, i do believe you, but im just finding it very weird that men dont approach her when they find out she is a pediatrician, thast a pretty weird reason to not approach anyone

• I dunno i just kno when she had that as her occupation on pof her popularity went down

• I have a Master's degree and always had really good jobs, I've never had a problem with guys being interested and staying interested. I don't think it's the degrees, more than likely their attitude and personality that will kill it for them.

0|0
    0|0
    • I have my mba as well but i see many men low on the todom pole afraid to talk to my dr friend

• Finally someone to talk to. Ok maybe i wouldn't understand everything.

2|0
    0|0
  • I am not intimated I am just interested in other girls

0|0
    2|0
    • Why is that

• Show All
    • Money or carreer success is nothing that impresses me. I prefer to have a funny girl than a successful one wich has never enough time for me and job is always her number one. No I would prefer a homeless one over a successful business woman

• Thats kinda dumb so just because she's successfull u have no interest in her.. wow

• No, my gal has a doctorate herself. She thought it might be a problem, when we first started dating, but I never saw it as such.

I do think it could intimidate an insecure guy, though.

0|0
    0|0
  • If I was older... No, but if they have this all at the age of 15... 😅 i should be bowing by now... Anyways, in all seriousness, no, there isn't a reason to! (Besides, that means you can say "HELLOOOOOOO NURSE"

0|0
    0|0
  • Why would I be intimidated by someone who happened to be able to afford college

0|1
    0|0
  • Me personally, i like a women who doesn't need or want to rely on guy for anything. You having a college degree shows u keep with things and want a good future without help. I dont want constant stress of taking care of an adult

0|0
    0|0
  • Id's just like talking to a very attractive person. They know it we know it. But if you gloat about your success you'll look cocky.

2|0
    1|0
  • Definitely not. Maybe it comes to us spending more time discussing philosophy or solving the worlds Problems rather than cuddling and having sex, but everyone has to compromise for humanities wealth. 😀

0|0
    0|0
  • Not that I find anyone intimidating based on their degree, but it would also be important to know what field of study the degree was in before I'd be impressed.

0|0
    0|0
  • Only wimps get intimated by women who know their shit

1|0
    0|0
  • The issue here is woman tend to want to date or marry up thus lower income/lower education level is a no no for these woman. Check out Dr petersons research on the subject.

0|1
    1|0
  • It depends on how she behaves.

If she talks like she's above me then I'd probably be turned off.

0|1
    0|0
  • I wouldn't be intimidated but I would feel, no doubt correctly, that she is out of my reach.

0|1
    0|0
  • I say yes, why? Because if you are a man that wana have a family a women like that will only make you feel guilty like "She deserve something better, Im stuck and she's Profecional" or maybe the guy wana be the baby of the home and you maintance him... there's so many points that are very unconfortable but if she is honest and she motivate the guy this answer is irrelevant all depends in the girl. I wish i would make some much point but is dificult to make them whit my poor English.. Hope this point help

0|0
    0|0
  • I prefer intelligence, actually crave it. Intellectual discussion makes the world turn with more ease, especially over dinner or coffee!

0|0
    0|0
  • Why do you ask this question? Are you or do you feel that way?

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd just try my best and if we don't have connection then so be it. Never know until you try.

0|0
    0|0
  • Possible, but I have masters so won't be a big deal

1|0
    0|0
  • Idea be impressed I like smart wemon they turn me on.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope. I'd just hope she wouldn't forget where she came from. Like most uppity people do.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think I might possibly be more jealous or envious than intimidated.

0|0
    0|0
  • So long as the relationship is a trusting, consensual and supportive one, it shouldn't matter.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would b impressed, but don't think she's outta my league.

0|0
    0|0
  • Degree has nothing to do with her personality

2|0
    0|0
  • I teach doctors and masters. 😎😎😎

1|0
    0|0
  • Nope.

0|0
    0|0
  • not really

0|0
    0|0
  • Not at all

0|0
    0|0
  • No, but maybe i should.

0|0
    0|0
  • Hello Dr! That's never been the case

0|0
    0|0
    • Im not this is a hypothetical? Lol

• Well i'm just saying that guys never been shy to date to someone who has doctorate degree,,,, so never feel like you're out of reach

• No. Why would I give a shit either way?

0|0
    0|0
  • Definitely.. compared to graduated

0|0
    0|0
  • Such women are not found within my circle.

0|0
    0|0
  • Most likely she thinks she deserves better than the men who may show interest in her.

0|0
    2|0
  • Well , I'm planning to get a PhD , so it won't be a problem for me 😂

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes